|Peak:||Mt. Lincoln (14er)|
|Route:||From Kite Lake|
|Date of Information:||03/16/2013|
My sister and I climbed the Calibron yesterday from the Paris Mill closure - sorry, no pictures since I forgot my camera in the car. It was snowing lightly when we started up the road, and then it stopped as we climbed up the west side of Bross, which is mostly dry. As we approached Lincoln‘s summit, the weather deteriorated quickly into a fierce wind and snowstorm, and we decided to forfeit Democrat as we needed to be back in Denver later in the day. Microspikes were very helpful, but snowshoes weren‘t needed until below the Democrat-Cameron saddle, where there is a lot more snow coverage.