Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Music

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Music

Postby d_baker » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:13 pm

Deuce, I see your funk and raise you with some more. Play it, white boy.

Postby DeucesWild » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:50 pm

d_baker wrote:Deuce, I see your funk and raise you with some more. Play it, white boy.

Called and raised back, compadre. Find a white boy gang that can match Stanely and company and their upscale jazz funk!

Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

Postby Matt » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:07 pm

Jazz funk?
How about 2% jazz, 98% funky stuff?

Make sure you click on part 2 when this one runs out.

I don't know how anyone could have a bad time listening to this...
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List

Postby tommyboy360 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:58 am

I could be thankful in a different thread but I post more in this one. Typical Tommyboy.

A chance to follow up on Matt... He knows good music, mountains and beer. I owe him a big thanks as a friend even though he dislikes most of my music.

I looked 100% to the mountains to save me from the worst 2 years of my life. They did not aid. Although I had so many great times alone in the mountains, it was the few friends I made in the progress. Thankful.

We're now going into the second year of a lack of snow in Colorado but life is good. Why? It's because of the friends on this site that exposed me to fun outside of a powder turn, including a big time gaper that took me rock climbing at the start of the 4th of July weekend.

This song is cool. It's called truth. Every mountaineer and 14er climber is searching for it in some way. Some more than others. Regardless, mountains don't lie. If only we could be so truthful. Keep searchin' for TRUTH, my friends. Happy Holidays and give thanks.
“It only ends once. Anything that happens before that is just progress.”

Postby SilverLynx » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:46 pm

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby Sweet Surprise » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:59 pm

Postby Rodd Tundgren » Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:30 pm

Postby metalmountain » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:02 pm

Its a Mars Volta sort of day:

"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

Postby SilverLynx » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:28 pm

The actual video for this is quite long and drawn out, so I just posted the audio.

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby DeucesWild » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:42 pm

One of the old man's favorites. I kinda like it too. Good Friday night beer drinkin toons.

Snowflakes, Uber Alles!

www.deuceIRA.com. Put the Douche in your FiDeuceiary needs today!!

Postby SilverLynx » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:07 am

~Nelson Mandela

~Steve Jobs

Postby Rodd Tundgren » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:37 pm

Third Eye Blind? Jeebus Christ, I just threw up in my mouth, spit it out, drank it, and spit it out again to remind me how bad they are and how much I wish I had a gun to shoot my radio (Elvis style) back in 1998 when their blathering trash was polluting my FM airwaves.

Little girl, you need the Godfather:

PreviousNext