Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Music

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Music

Postby fleetmack » Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:25 am

Stone Sour. One of the greatest rock voices of our time (and he who is quoted in my signature) is coming to the Fillmore on Sunday. Be there. It shall rock. Corey Taylor always puts on an insane show, whether it's solo, Stone Sour, or Slipknot

...and even though Slipknot isn't in concert, since it's the same singer, I am going to post this bad-f'n-ass video filmed in my home state
"Cynicism and ill-humored opinion have built a stronghold called the message board. Sweet mother of God, see a f***ing shrink, people."
--Corey Taylor

Postby jlarocco » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:44 pm

Postby SilverLynx » Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:25 pm

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby Jesse M » Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:58 am

NOFX, my favorite album by these guys, fun stuff.

"What we get from this adventure is just sheer joy." George Mallory

lordhelmut wrote:You are, in fact, one of the gatekeeper of the Gapers.

Postby Dave B » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:20 am

Jesse M wrote:NOFX, my favorite album by these guys, fun stuff.

Only NOFX can make Champs-Elysees rock!

I still think Punk in Drublic is their best album though.
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby JE242 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:25 am

NOFX, Fun, fast, clever. 'Shower days" was my theme as a teen. Thanks for sharing!

Re: an early happy Valentine's Day gift

Postby JE242 » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:28 am

Brian Thomas wrote:The genius and wizardry of Kevin Shields' feedback and distortion:

And they just dropped a new album last week (their first in two decades!)
http://www.mybloodyvalentine.org/NewsDetail.aspx?NID=623&flag=1
Album review here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2013/feb/04/mbv-review-my-bloody-valentine

The new album is EXACTLY what I wanted it to be.

Postby metalmountain » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:53 am

I love this guys Mike Patton like vocals. Plus their name is 12 Foot Ninja, which wins points from me for its absurdity.
"The greatest battle is not physical but psychological. The demons telling us to give up when we push ourselves to the limit can never be silenced for good. They must always be answered by the quiet, steady dignity that simply refuses to give in. Courage. We all suffer. Keep going." - Graeme Fife

"I found that nothing truly matters, that you cannot find for free." - The Gaslight Anthem

read the UK Guardian, stop reading USA corporate media

Postby Brian Thomas » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:59 pm

JE242 wrote:
Brian Thomas wrote:And they just dropped a new album last week (their first in two decades!)

The new album is EXACTLY what I wanted it to be.

That's rare nowadays.

I don't listen to much new music, but I regularly read the UK Guardian's music reviews. This band from Perth, Australia is very nice. They don't have many youtube links available (sorry youtube whores) but if you listen to the album, check out the tracks "Music To Walk Home By", "Keep On Lying", and "Nothing That Has Happened So Far Has Been Anything We Could Control".

Am I getting closer?
Will I ever get there?
Does it even matter?
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Postby SilverLynx » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:23 pm

"I learned that courage was not the absence of fear, but the triumph over it. The brave man is not he who does not feel afraid, but he who conquers that fear."
~Nelson Mandela

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition."
~Steve Jobs

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:37 pm

Brian Thomas wrote:Some reflections on the 3rd anniversary of moving to Colorado, as narrated by Jerry Garcia:

Sweet!

Not a huge Dead fan, but this one has a stripped-down, bare-bones bluesy feel that sits right in the pocket.

Good call, Bri!

Postby TallGrass » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:02 am

Who remembers Show Biz Pizza?!
An early version even had pole dancers to go with the drummer which I first mistook for Imperial Stormtroopers.
Not sure if I'll do more 14ers. The trip reports are too tiring. :wink:

PreviousNext