Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

CFI WINS NEW TRUCK!

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Site Administrator

CFI WINS NEW TRUCK!

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:07 pm

YOU CAN HELP CFI WIN A NEW TRUCK FOR TRAIL PROJECTS!
If you have a Facebook account, please take a moment to read the following announcment from the CFI. They could really use the new truck and I think we have the numbers to give them a great shot.

TODAY, Friday, June 10th is the only day we can vote. Please take a moment to vote on Facebook.

Thank you,
Bill Middlebrook

=================

Good news Fourteener enthusiasts!

Colorado Fourteeners Initiative has been selected as one of 500 finalist organizations nationally in Toyota’s 100 Cars for Good Program. Every day for 100 days this summer five nonprofit organizations will compete to win a new Toyota vehicle. The organization that generates the most votes through voting on Toyota’s Facebook page that day will be awarded a new vehicle to support its mission.

CFI will be competing on Friday, June 10 to win a Toyota Tundra truck. CFI’s current fleet of trucks and SUVs has an average of 15 years per vehicle and a combined 1.4 million miles traveled. These vehicles are used to transport crews, trail tools, supplies (up to 6,000 pounds per crew) and volunteers to distant trailheads across the state. Unfortunately, these old vehicles are expensive to maintain and are becoming increasingly unreliable with each passing year. A new truck would be a real boost to CFI’s summer trail construction, restoration and maintenance activities.

Here’s how you can help CFI win a new truck so they can continue to keep Fourteener summit trails in great shape and protect the beautiful, but fragile alpine tundra ecosystems found on the Fourteeners:

This is what to do, this FRIDAY:
1. You must have an active Facebook account and have it enabled to access the voting app,
2. Log into Facebook BEFORE attempting to vote,
3. Voting will begin at 4 a.m. MDT on Friday, June 10 and will end at 9:59:59 p.m. MDT that night
4. Visit http://www.facebook.com/toyota#!/toyota?sk=app_192385320793841 and click on the "Vote Today" button,
5. Click CFI’s “vote for” box and complete the voting steps. (You may need to “allow” access to the voting app.)
6. After voting, you'll see the current voting percentages - feel free to post them in this thread so we can all see how it's going.

You can see CFI’s entry video on the 100 Cars for Good Facebook page or watch it directly on YouTube at http://bit.ly/iGempC.

CFI is up against some stiff competition, so please vote for Colorado Fourteeners Initiative on Friday, June 10 in Toyota’s 100 Cars for Good Program. We all will benefit if CFI wins a new truck.

Lloyd Athearn, Executive Director
Colorado Fourteeners Initiative
www.14ers.org
Only SNOW will end the madness

Re: CFI: Your vote is needed!

Postby mtnfiend » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:22 am

Bill - Is there a way for those of use who don't have a facebook account (gasp) to participate in this deal and vote for the CFI (other than signing up for facebook)??

Thanks
Didn't I ever tell you.....Bumble's bounce!!!

Postby Dave » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:39 am

I'm in.

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:38 am

mtnfiend wrote:Bill - Is there a way for those of use who don't have a facebook account (gasp) to participate in this deal and vote for the CFI (other than signing up for facebook)??

Thanks

Sorry, based on the instructions provided by the CFI, a Facebook account is required.

Postby bblack99 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:53 pm

I'm in too, despite CFI being up against the humane society from the city of my alma mater! If you scroll forward to the 10th, you can have Facebook send you a reminder to vote.

Postby hotrod » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:31 pm

No Facebook account so can't vote. Bummer.
Growing older is inevitable, but getting old is not.

Postby tmathews » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:04 am

Voted.

Postby StikMan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:16 am

I voted this morning, too. Good luck CFI! It's aways a pleasure working with your folks and the results are amazing.
"Long live living, if living can be this"
-The Cat Empire

Postby Theodore » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:40 am

Voted

Postby traderaaron » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:05 am

CFI currently in 3rd place.

Postby tmathews » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:31 am

I was a little confused after I voted by it telling me that I can only vote once per day. Could we have been voting all week long?

Site Administrator

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:33 am

No, they just mean that you can vote each day but only for 1 of the 5 for that day.

Next