Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

14ers in Commercial Advertising

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: 14ers in Commercial Advertising

Postby TravelingMatt » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:50 pm

jaymz wrote:Not a 14er, but Buffalo Mountain in Silverthorne makes an appearance in this one.
(They're going the wrong direction, but whatever.)

They're driving on Swan Mountain Road (going west, as you imply). It's possible to identify the trees they pass in the foreground.
So pleas'd at first the towering Alps we try,
Mount o'er the vales, and seem to tread the sky,
Th' increasing prospects tire our wand'ring eyes,
Hills peep o'er hills, and Alps on Alps arise!
-- Alexander Pope

Postby MUni Rider » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:57 pm

Retro commercial for a Hyundai Scoupe racing up Pikes Peak. I say retro because it was shot before the road up Pikes Peak was paved. Any 80's hair band fans will love the music too. :YY I may be mistaken, but the corner that the camera flies over in the last 2 seconds of the video has gotten some press in recent years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ttnzxu4iiQ
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy course; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat." (Theodore Roosevelt)

"Wilderness is not a luxury but a necessity of the human spirit." (Edward Abbey)

Postby jaymz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:13 pm

TravelingMatt wrote:
jaymz wrote:Not a 14er, but Buffalo Mountain in Silverthorne makes an appearance in this one.
(They're going the wrong direction, but whatever.)

They're driving on Swan Mountain Road (going west, as you imply). It's possible to identify the trees they pass in the foreground.

That makes better sense -- I assumed it was on I-70, and thought they just superimposed the lake onto where Silverthorne's supposed to be.

Postby jaymz » Sun Oct 21, 2012 7:22 pm

MUni Rider wrote:I say retro because it was shot before the road up Pikes Peak was paved.

Note also the lack of "Professional driver on closed course - do not attempt" disclaimer anywhere on the screen. :)

Postby MonGoose » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:54 pm

planet54 wrote:Reminds me of this video.I saw it on here some time ago.The Sierra Club would not approve :shock:

:)
:o :o
:( :( :(
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o #-o

Postby justiner » Sun Oct 21, 2012 10:20 pm

My (and your) lowly King Soopers card features the 'Bells. If you look at the left hand side of the card, someone simply reflected the original photo to make the entire images longer. It's f'n goofy. I remember something similarly ridiculous on the Denver Diner's menu cover. It shows like a photo of Denver taken from the West, with enormous mountains in the background.
The Long Ranger | STRAVA

"Any effort that has self-glorification as its final endpoint is bound to end in disaster" - Pirsig

Postby bradyj » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:18 am

Wilson Peak is on the Coors Light can and in many of their commercials.

I don't know if Audi ever made/released the commercial but they crashed a helicopter on Pikes Peak in 2010 while filming a commercial for the Driverless Audi TTS(everyone was okay).
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Postby bradyj » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:21 am

MUni Rider wrote:Retro commercial for a Hyundai Scoupe racing up Pikes Peak. I say retro because it was shot before the road up Pikes Peak was paved. Any 80's hair band fans will love the music too. :YY I may be mistaken, but the corner that the camera flies over in the last 2 seconds of the video has gotten some press in recent years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ttnzxu4iiQ

That commercial is AWESOME! I want to go find a Scoupe! Thanks for that little gem.
Eagles may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Postby Jon Frohlich » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:23 am

bradyj wrote:
I don't know if Audi ever made/released the commercial but they crashed a helicopter on Pikes Peak in 2010 while filming a commercial for the Driverless Audi TTS(everyone was okay).

Don't think it's the same but Audi did release this one at least:

Postby Jtjohnso24 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:44 pm

Not a 14er, but there was a truck commercial that was filmed between A-Basin and Loveland Pass. I think it appeared about a year or two ago. I cannot remember the brand, but it was towing some huge rig going up the pass towards I-70. The grass was heavily edited to appear greener.

Postby MonGoose » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:17 pm

justiner wrote:My (and your) lowly King Soopers card features the 'Bells. If you look at the left hand side of the card, someone simply reflected the original photo to make the entire images longer. It's f'n goofy. I remember something similarly ridiculous on the Denver Diner's menu cover. It shows like a photo of Denver taken from the West, with enormous mountains in the background.

Don't leave home without it.

Postby djkest » Mon Oct 22, 2012 4:31 pm

They have been running that Prius commercial a lot and I always shout "It's the Maroon Bells!" to no one in particular when I see them. I'm wondering if the other mountains can be ID'd in the commercial as well. One of the massifs kind of looks like something from Glacier Nat. Park.

I do have to laugh at their tagline "a Prius for everyone". Not that I wouldn't mind having a Prius for commuting, but I'm pretty sure that they don't make a Prius that would take me up S Colony Road, or to the backside of Mt. Missouri. Or that I'd want to drive down I-70 when it's 10 degrees and icy.
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog

PreviousNext