Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Happy Thanksgiving

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: Happy Thanksgiving

Postby MonGoose » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:31 pm

I really appreciate 14ers.com, the people I have met through the site and the camaraderie with my fellow climbers. Happy Thanksgiving!

Postby cybrhikr » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Happy Thanksgiving from Nebraska.I'm thankful for this great site and for the fine job Bill does on maintaining it.

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:42 pm

globreal wrote: [Thankful] for the often overlooked freedoms we have here in America.

Freedom.

Gratitude.

Postby Johnson » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:49 pm

I am thankful for many things. As related to 14ers.com, I am truly thankful for this site and how it has led me to meet so many great people and how it has help give me tools to use to see so much of this amazing state.
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

Postby Dancesatmoonrise » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:42 am

Johnson wrote:I am thankful for many things. As related to 14ers.com, I am truly thankful for this site and how it has led me to meet so many great people and how it has help give me tools to use to see so much of this amazing state.

I'll second that.

Postby hop2it » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:01 pm

I am thankful that I'm capable of dressing, feeding, showering, and all other necessary basic functions, myself . My dad struggled the last year of his life to do these things and it made me realize how important they really are.

I'm thankful for Jesus, my family (my mom is beyond wonderful), friends, a job, freedoms of this country, a car, shelter, food, travel and of course laughing until it hurts and having fun :)!

Postby bking14ers » Fri Nov 23, 2012 2:45 pm

hop2it wrote:I am thankful that I'm capable of dressing, feeding, showering, and all other necessary basic functions, myself . My dad struggled the last year of his life to do these things and it made me realize how important they really are.

I'm thankful for Jesus, my family (my mom is beyond wonderful), friends, a job, freedoms of this country, a car, shelter, food, travel and of course laughing until it hurts and having fun :)!

AMEN sister... Anymore we go from a pagan holiday, skip over the holiday of giving thanks, and straight to what has turned into the most selfish holiday there is. Unfortunatly it's Christmas... Sorry about your dad.

Postby GregMiller » Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Discovered something annoying yesterday, my phone capitalizes Black Friday, but not thanksgiving (which should absolutely be capitalized).

Thanksgiving wise, I'm thankful to have most of my health, a beautiful state to live in, and good friends (and a lot more besides that, but that's what comes to mind)
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby Brian Thomas » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:39 pm

I am thankful that Verizon has 3G coverage on the summit of Mt Oklahoma so I can update my checklist while on the summit of Mt Oklahoma.
"I try my best to be just like I am, but everybody wants you to be just like them" - Bob Dylan

Previous