Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

14ers.com Ice Day

Items that do not fit the categories above.

What dates would you prefer?

February 9/10?
No votes
February 16/17?
40%
Feruary 23/24?
40%
Any weekend..?
20%

Total votes : 5

14ers.com Ice Day

Postby Winter8000m » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:38 am

It's that time of year again. Third annual Ice Day! Time to enjoy the ice climbing, beer, hot springs, and company! I'm thinking around the same date this year. Mid to late Febuary. Go ahead and comment on the days that will work for you and Ill put up a poll here soon. Seems to be the time to organize this. As always, whether you have never ice climbed or are very skilled, come on down! All you really need is boots, pons, harness/belay device. I know there is a few extra sets of ice tools floating around and not everyone is always climbing at once. You could also rent them down there as well. Post here for carpooling and that sort of deal.

Think I'm staying at the Cabins as always. There was ice in the park when I was there a week or so ago. The season is approaching.

Every year, we've had a great time. It's been great to see people get psyched and really progress even in these last two years.

Eben on a WI5 pillar

Quinten rocking out his first ice climb!

Some fun mixed climbing
Last edited by Winter8000m on Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
http://www.daring8000dreams.wordpress.com/

Life is too short to waste away

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight" (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Re: 14ers.com Ice Day

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:44 am

Would love to Noah. Thanks for putting this together.

While I'm down there, may have to skirt off for a day and do a side project peak!
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO

Postby Dave B » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:13 pm

This sounds awesome. Gotta drive to Tucson in early to mid-Feb so if the dates can overlap, count me in for this!
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby GregMiller » Thu Nov 22, 2012 4:21 pm

Assuming work isn't eating my soul that weekend, I should be there!
Still Here
been scared and battered. My hopes the wind done scattered. Snow has friz me, Sun has baked me,
Looks like between 'em they done Tried to make me
Stop laughin', stop lovin', stop livin'-- But I don't care! I'm still here!
Langston Hughes

Postby Johnson » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:47 pm

Hope to make it!
In his hand are the depths of the earth; the heights of the mountains are his also. - Psalm 95:4

"I would be doing myself a disservice and every member of this band if I didn't perform the hell out of this." - Gene

Postby somethingrandom » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:22 pm

Im in. Please post dates as soon as possible as I have to put in for them before Q1 schedule is finalized.
-Just as soon as you idiot proof something, some a**hole is just going to come along and make a better idiot.

-To Cessna: "November one, zero, four Lima Papa, wind 080 at 90 peak gusts 120, runway 35 cleared for takeoff"

To fellow controller: "Watch this sh!t"

-Whether climbing or flying, the single greatest thing to remember is that every ascent is optional, and if you feel like making another, your subsequent descent is mandatory.

Postby Buckie06 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:17 pm

Sounds fun, I've never ice climbed before so if someone is willing to show me I'm in.

Postby hatchmaster » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:01 am

I'd love to finally make one of these. My vote is for president's day weekend (Feb 16-18). I'll be in Durango so I can drive up for a day.

Postby forbins_mtn » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:08 pm

i would absolutely love to learn how to ice climb. i can climb rock - but this winter has many goals, and one of them being to learn how to climb ice. please keep me posted!

Postby rpb13 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Totally in unless something comes up!

Postby JonW » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:47 pm

I'm in. Since no one has suggested dates, I'd like suggest President's Day weekend.

Postby slopestyle » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:03 pm

Definitely getting stoked for the ice season! Not sure if I'll be able to make the trip or not, I'll let you know once the dates are posted and the time approaches.
Life's journey is not to arrive safely at the grave in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "HOLY s**t!!...WHAT A HELL OF A RIDE!!!!"

Next