Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

new look on summitpost

Items that do not fit the categories above.

Re: new look on summitpost

Postby Dave B » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:00 am

Fisching wrote:
Matt Lemke wrote: Of course...local beta sites like this one will always be around as well! :-D

It's not quite up to the same standard as gaining accreditation from the BBB, but it's prestigious nonetheless. Wear this like a badge of honor, Bill, because 14ers.com is:

:lol:

SummitPost page rank: 50,585

14ers page rank: 56, 618

Hopefully the "local beta" site will hold on in the face of competition from an international coverage site.
"There is no cheating in climbing, only lying." - Semi-Rad

Postby Rainier_Wolfcastle » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:19 am

SP's Plans & Partners page (their climbing connection) could still use a little work...in my search for Orizaba partners I found some good partners for 2009 and 2010 :-D ! They need to make that thing a little more date dynamic and deactivate posts a few months after their time has passed.
Shawn D
Broomfield, CO

Postby Scott P » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:29 am

SP's Plans & Partners page (their climbing connection) could still use a little work...in my search for Orizaba partners I found some good partners for 2009 and 2010 ! They need to make that thing a little more date dynamic and deactivate posts a few months after their time has passed.

SP's Plans & Partners feature is going to be canned soon. I actually didn't think it was that bad, but few are using it.
I'm slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.

Postby Josh Lewis » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:07 pm

I applied most of the new styling to SummitPost, but Matt did the actual implementations (in other words I styled it, he applied it). Matt did some styling too and did a lot of server optimization. 8) Chad came up with the new voting system, a handful of other folks helped find bugs which Matt and I fixed most of them (well most that we know of). There are still a few minor issues to work out, but it's running well. It was a collaboration. I'm honored that the image hover technique I used is now here on 14ers.com :-D Might I suggest using the transition property, it gives more of an effect. I personally enjoy it set to 0.3 seconds.

Postby MountainHiker » Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:44 pm

As someone who hikes almost every weekend in Colorado, but also ventures to other destinations, I’m thrilled to have these two resources. I remember the olden days when we had to look stuff up in books!
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert

Previous