- Posts: 564
- Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:33 am
- Location: Longmont, CO
While I didn't find thread I was thinking of in the 10 seconds I spent looking, if you do a search on 'South Pine Creek' and start reading you will find a fair bit of info.
- Jim Davies
- Posts: 7784
- Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:23 pm
- Location: Colorado Springs
- Posts: 958
- Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:27 pm
- Location: Littleton, CO
Having found the trail, I thought I would be home free once I got to treeline, but no. This is approximately the last 1,300 feet of descent on the South Pine Creek Trail as seen from Little John's Cabin. I'll confirm what other reports have stated - this trail is rough and sometimes vague. I'll add that it is way hard, and way steep, and way uber-loose. This section destroyed me.
The trail was rough in areas and vague in others.
This one didn't use the SPC trail on descent but descended the NE ridge.
• Mountains are not climbed merely to reach a geographical location — but as personal and spiritual challenges to the participants. — David Stein
• The best climber in the world is the one who’s having the most fun.— Alex Lowe
• Why do I climb the mountain? Because I'm in love! — The Captain
- Posts: 2635
- Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:36 pm
- Location: Lakewood, CO
gcoldewey wrote:So I'm planning a backpack trip this year down the pine creek trail. Looking at the map it appears that a ridge leading up to Mt. Harvard intersects with the South Pine Creek trail due east of Mt. Harvard. Is this a doable route up Harvard?
Gerry Roach describes a NE ridge route that uses the S Pine Creek trail (for a little while). Roach also describes a north slopes route that starts at the Pine Creek trail (near Bedrock Falls).
Edit: There is also a route up the east ridge, but that route is generally approached from Frenchman Creek.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: bmdaugherty, ErikS, ezabielski, fahixson, FireOnTheMountain, GeezerClimber, goingup, gorshkov, grayslater, jhawk99, jimwei, Lville, mtn_nut, pbakwin, radiate17, Richard Derkase, sheller, spiderman, thebeave7, tmahon, tobiasfunke and 73 guests