Old Man---new life

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

Re: Old Man---new life

Post by kushrocks »

giarcd wrote:Five weeks into this I am feeling great ! Started @ 315 lbs , now 270 yet even more,I am more educated about DIET and doing well developing a new perspective on what my life will now need. Hydration,nutrition,and mucho exercise consume my entire day (when I'm not researching mountains for the upcoming season).
Thought I'd drop this note as to my progress :-D --- Summits in my future--GAIN IT
Keep it up. You are CRUSHING IT!!!!
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."
giarcd
14ers: 22 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (15)

Post by giarcd »

Eating habits , weight loss and conditioning going very well. 80 lbs. down with a bit to go ! Bought a dehydryator to assist with dietary needs for a few days in the mountains (any suggestions accepted ) . Already doing Jerky and bananas, have corer/ peeler ordered for apples. Planning an aggressive climbing season (for an older participant) 12 to 15 peaks in Colorado and the high point of Montana------gain the summit ya'll

Craig
XterraRob
14ers: 42  7 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (4)

Post by XterraRob »

giarcd wrote:Eating habits , weight loss and conditioning going very well. 80 lbs. down with a bit to go ! Bought a dehydryator to assist with dietary needs for a few days in the mountains (any suggestions accepted ) . Already doing Jerky and bananas, have corer/ peeler ordered for apples. Planning an aggressive climbing season (for an older participant) 12 to 15 peaks in Colorado and the high point of Montana------gain the summit ya'll

Craig
Keep it up. As you lose more weight and your body gets into better shape, you'll start looking and feeling better about the progress you've made. No matter what, no matter how hard it may get sometimes, just don't let yourself give up.
RIP - M56
Re-introduce Grizzly Bears into the Colorado Wilderness™
Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Post by Jay521 »

giarcd wrote:Eating habits , weight loss and conditioning going very well. 80 lbs. down with a bit to go ! Bought a dehydryator to assist with dietary needs for a few days in the mountains (any suggestions accepted ) . Already doing Jerky and bananas, have corer/ peeler ordered for apples. Planning an aggressive climbing season (for an older participant) 12 to 15 peaks in Colorado and the high point of Montana------gain the summit ya'll

Craig
Good for you, Craig! We 67 y/o's have to keep on keepin' on!
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down
MountainHiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 109
Trip Reports (7)

Post by MountainHiker »

We were wondering how it was going. 80 lbs, that's big! =D> Look forward to seeing you one of these times.
Red, Rugged, and Rotten: The Elk Range - Borneman & Lampert
bergsteigen
14ers: 58  52  18 
13ers: 538 100 12
Trip Reports (237)

Post by bergsteigen »

Woohoo! Try putting some cinnamon on the bananas. I like pineapple too.
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)
Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!
“No athlete is truly tested until they’ve stared an injury in the face and come out on the other side stronger than ever” -anonymous

http://otinasadventures.com @otina
San Juan Ron
14ers: 39 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by San Juan Ron »

Craig
Congrats!!!!!!! That's great news! Ron
"The mountains are calling and I must go" -- Muir
unclegar
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (9)

Post by unclegar »

giarcd wrote:Eating habits , weight loss and conditioning going very well. 80 lbs. down with a bit to go ! ... Planning an aggressive climbing season (for an older participant) 12 to 15 peaks in Colorado and the high point of Montana------gain the summit ya'll

Craig
wow! Just saw this thread for the first time and it sounds like you are definitely on your way to the summit. I wish you the best in your journey. You are off to a great start. Keep up the good work!
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz
BratwurstGoblin
14ers: 21 
13ers: 9
Trip Reports (0)

Post by BratwurstGoblin »

Craig
Awesome progress - keep after it! For the apples, cut them in to thin slices and soak in orange-pineapple juice for about an hour, then dehydrate. One of my favorite backpacking snacks.
Point North
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Point North »

Oops. I saw the title and thought it said "Old Man - new wife" :)
giarcd
14ers: 22 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (15)

Post by giarcd »

UP DATE YA'll ---- down 100 lbs going for first climb Tuesday on Shav/Tab ---- see how this weight loss and conditioning program produces results. Anybody interested to join up is welcome.Early Tues. start from TH !! I am excited

Craig
boudreaux
14ers: 57 
13ers: 113
Trip Reports (11)

Post by boudreaux »

Get'r done Man!
Ragin Cajun