Joe Grant's Tour de 14er

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Re: Joe Grant's Tour de 14er

Post by justiner »

G&T are done and Joe is descending to Motezuma, interesting! Maybe he'll cross over via the full meal deal Argentine Pass. The west side isn't very rideable, so it would be a hike-a-bike all the way up.

Only Longs is left, the webcam shows, uh,
longs_peak.jpg
longs_peak.jpg (23.6 KiB) Viewed 3695 times
Well, it could be worse. I'm trying to psyche myself out to ride up to join him on the summit (tonight, tomorrow?), but I just broke out all my winter gear, just to sit here and type! :)
pbakwin
14ers: 56 
13ers: 64
Trip Reports (19)

Post by pbakwin »

He clearly did not do Bross. It's a weird and I think highly controversial choice. Bross is definitely a 14er. Yes it's officially off limits but everyone does it all the time. I any event, he did what he did. Tagging Bross would add, what, 30min? So, if the next person does Bross but finishes 30 or 60 min behind Joe's time ... ?
lodgling
14ers: 58  58  2 
13ers: 18 1
Trip Reports (12)

Post by lodgling »

pbakwin wrote:He clearly did not do Bross. It's a weird and I think highly controversial choice.
He's definitely not entitled to claim the $1 million prize money that's for sure. Maybe it wasn't in from the summit?
dnye
14ers: 17 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by dnye »

pbakwin wrote:He clearly did not do Bross. It's a weird and I think highly controversial choice. Bross is definitely a 14er. Yes it's officially off limits but everyone does it all the time. I any event, he did what he did. Tagging Bross would add, what, 30min? So, if the next person does Bross but finishes 30 or 60 min behind Joe's time ... ?
Peter, I completely agree. It is a weird omission.
JIntfen
14ers: 56  1 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (0)

Post by JIntfen »

He hauled ass over night. Appears as though he got to the peak of Longs this morning at 7AM. Grats Joe!
pbakwin
14ers: 56 
13ers: 64
Trip Reports (19)

Post by pbakwin »

Epic finish! Go Joe!
dnye
14ers: 17 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by dnye »

Way to go Joe! This has been a pleasure to follow. Truly impressive journey.
Count40
14ers: 45  4 
13ers: 37
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Count40 »

Dont correct if I am wrong, but here is just an attempt to put it in terms relative to some events, one of which has been annoyingly celebrated in all media this summer.

Did he just do a Leadville 100 MTB every day for the duration of Olympics?
And, he also did that measly extra credit of two peaks (rounded up, but not much) each of those days.

Yes, deserved a pat on the shoulder. And, why not, a brooding ride into the sunset. ;)

So nice.
kwhit24
14ers: 51  2 
13ers: 182 2
Trip Reports (7)

Post by kwhit24 »

Congratulations Joe! It has been amazing to follow your progress as a weekend warrior from behind a computer. I look forward to following you on your next adventure!
"In anticipation of tomorrow don't lose sight of today"

IG: kwhit.24
CreekRunner
14ers: 35  3 
13ers: 35 5
Trip Reports (5)

Post by CreekRunner »

Ahh. If only he finished a day later. Big congratulations to Joe and kudos to ability to overcome breakdowns and still travel at blazing speed.
jerseybrian
14ers: 39  1 
13ers: 22
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jerseybrian »

Congratulations Joe! One day i'd like to try the tour but for now i'm just trying to complete the long's duathlon. Baby steps.
When I get out I feel more alive - Doug Coombs
hangingbelay
14ers: 55 
13ers: 63
Trip Reports (0)

Post by hangingbelay »

Looks like he's in the homestretch!! Congratulations, Joe. Amazing achievement!