14er Finishers BenEast & MountainMedic

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
MonGoose
14ers: 58  16  17 
13ers: 51 11 1
Trip Reports (16)

14er Finishers BenEast & MountainMedic

Post by MonGoose »

It brings me great pleasure to announce that our very own BenfromtheEast and MountianMedic have completed the coveted list of 58 Colorado 14ers. Ben and Tyler finished on Saturday, Sept 10th on Uncompahgre Peak after many, many years of hiking together. Join me in congratulating these two on their wonderful accomplishment. =D>

Tyler (MountainMedic)
Tyler grew up in Connecticut and moved to Colorado after college and fell in love with the mountains. Days before his finisher, Tyler crashed his mountain bike when he flew off the seat and landed uncomfortably on the rear bike tire resulting in a groin injury. The next day, an awkward ultrasound performed by a young, attractive female technician revealed that he was medically capable of hiking his single remaining 14er. Of course Tyler is no stranger to medical mishaps, he works as a Denver Paramedic saving lives 4-5 days a week for the past few years. He has ambitions of attending medical school and one day becoming a medical doctor. Tyler, I'm so thankful for the great climbs and adventures we have shared together - thanks for being a such great friend all of these years.
Tyler_Wetterhorn.jpg
Tyler_Wetterhorn.jpg (198.58 KiB) Viewed 4162 times

Ben(fromtheEast)
Ben grew up in New York and moved to Colorado in his early 20's (just like everyone else). Despite being a fast hiker, it has taken him many years to complete the 14ers because of his painfully slow driving habits. His God-given ability to run faster than he drives enabled him to run the Leadville Trail 100 earlier this summer. Ben has a strange obsession with Dave Matthews Band, women's telemark skis, bananas and not finishing the 14ers. Despite a short career with the grammar police, he is often heard expounding profound phrases like "Epic", "Gnar" and "POW!!! - occasionally in creative juxtapositions such as "Epic gnar pow!" and "Epic, gnar pow!". In addition to a strong skiing background, Ben dreams of one day learning to snowboard and often feels insecure about is inability to do so. Ben, you are the most loyal friend a person could ever have and in spite of all of your quirks, I'm very proud of all of your hard work and amazing accomplishments this year. Thank you for being a wonderful friend.
Ben_Elbert.jpg
Ben_Elbert.jpg (201.22 KiB) Viewed 4162 times
14erAddict
14ers: 58  19 
13ers: 181 2
Trip Reports (0)

Re: 14er Finishers BenEast & MountainMedic

Post by 14erAddict »

Haha great write up, Nick :lol: Congrats to Ben & Tyler!!!!!! =D> \:D/ Sorry I couldn't make it!!
"In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks" - John Muir
AnnaG22
14ers: 58  7  20 
13ers: 124 3 6
Trip Reports (5)

Post by AnnaG22 »

Congratulations Ben and Tyler! What a beautiful weekend to finish!!
"The love of wilderness is more than a hunger for what is always beyond reach; it is also an expression of loyalty to the earth, the earth which bore us and sustains us, the only home we shall ever know, the only paradise we ever need – if only we had the eyes to see." -Ed Abbey

"I get scared sometimes—lots of times—but it's not bad. You know? I feel close to myself. When I'm out there at night, I feel close to my own body, I can feel my blood moving, my skin and my fingernails, everything, it's like I'm full of electricity and I'm glowing in the dark—I'm on fire almost—I'm burning away into nothing—but it doesn't matter because I know exactly who I am." from The Things They Carried
wildlobo71
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 88
Trip Reports (3)

Post by wildlobo71 »

Bill W.

Time for the next great losing streak to begin.
#forcedrefocus
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

Screw these gapers!
No, seriously, congrats to you both. I figured you'd both finished ages ago.
Cheers!
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
nsaladin
14ers: 58  1  5 
13ers: 12 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nsaladin »

Congrats guys!
dillonsarnelli
14ers: 58  19 
13ers: 274 8
Trip Reports (53)

Post by dillonsarnelli »

look at yourselves.
Dillon Sarnelli
IG @dillonsarnelli
Basecamp, CO
14erFred
14ers: 51 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by 14erFred »

Great job, guys! Way to go! =D>
"Live as on a mountain." -- Marcus Aurelius
Sean Nunn
14ers: 35 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Sean Nunn »

A very hearty congratulations to both of you on a great achievement.
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains."
Psalm 36:6
bergsteigen
14ers: 58  52  18 
13ers: 538 100 12
Trip Reports (237)

Post by bergsteigen »

Nice! Though I'm also in the camp of, thought you'd finished already :lol:

Maybe Ben can run the 14ers, and do a self supported, no mechanical aids record! That is, if he truly is faster runner than driver! :P
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)
Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!
“No athlete is truly tested until they’ve stared an injury in the face and come out on the other side stronger than ever” -anonymous

http://otinasadventures.com @otina
youngk2844
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (10)

Post by youngk2844 »

Congrats to you both!
RyGuy
14ers: 58  35 
13ers: 230 4
Trip Reports (1)

Post by RyGuy »

Congrats Ben and Tyler! It's been a long time coming! Very proud and happy for you both!

-Ryan
"Climbing mountains is the only thing I know that combines the best of the physical, spiritual, and emotional world all rolled into one." -Steve Gladbach