KINGS/ GILBERT

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
annajack25
Trip Reports (2)

KINGS/ GILBERT

Post by annajack25 »

Sorry if this post doesn't fit the category (Utah). Wondering about conditions? Has anyone been to Animas Forks this year, and, if so, climbed Gilbert/Kings Peak? Thanks, Annajack
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Re: KINGS/ GILBERT

Post by Scott P »

Has anyone been to Animas Forks this year, and, if so, climbed Gilbert/Kings Peak?

Confused what is meant by the above. Animas Forks is in Colorado.

Anyway, I haven't been to Gilbert/Kings this year, but it's a sure bet that there is still snow and that the bugs are just starting to come out down low.

People have been posting recent trip reports to the Uinta Mountains on other sites (such as Bogley) and it appears that it's still really wet up there, even if snowpack is below normal.

Normally the Uintas don't dry out until early to mid July.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
annajack25
Trip Reports (2)

Re: KINGS/ GILBERT ("forked up the name!"

Post by annajack25 »

Ha ha!! My bad Scott. Can't resist but I "forked it up"! Meant "Henry's Fork"! We were there 4 years ago and ran into a semi disaster. We ran into some pretty terrible weather and a bridge that uncooperatively disintegrated. I might have "Freudian slipped" the name. Anyway thanks for your reply. We are hoping for better luck this time around. Sincerely, Anna