CO cohp completer...

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Jay521
14ers: 42  10 
13ers: 175 22
Trip Reports (56)

Re: CO cohp completer...

Post by Jay521 »

Wow... What an accomplishment! Way to go, Matt!!!!!
I take the mountain climber's approach to housekeeping - don't look down
AndYouSeeMe
14ers: 58  5 
13ers: 209 25
Trip Reports (23)

Post by AndYouSeeMe »

Hell yeah, Matt! As someone who would maybe possibly someday complete this I look forward to the beta on the plains counties.

My draw to this list is getting to EVERY part of the state, not just areas with high peaks. And jeesh, 32nd finisher, that's definitely something to be proud of.

So is New Mexico the next to fall then? I'd be up for some long car rides to middle of nowhere places. :-D

I hope you truly enjoyed whatever fine beverage got the honor of the finisher choice. What was it?

Congrats again, dude!
Last edited by AndYouSeeMe on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
12ersRule
14ers: 58 
13ers: 157
Trip Reports (4)

Post by 12ersRule »

Nice!!! Wyoming is waiting as well, not many counties there!

Congrats!
jblyth
14ers: 58  5  15 
13ers: 145 8 6
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jblyth »

Congrats, Matt!
sunny1
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 225 8
Trip Reports (3)

Post by sunny1 »

Congrats, Matt! You're on a roll...uh, you're on fire...uh oh, that sounds hazardous.... try again... You rock! :mrgreen: =D>
The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana.
SurfNTurf
14ers: 58  28 
13ers: 127 7
Trip Reports (48)

Post by SurfNTurf »

Awesome accomplishment, Matt. It must have been fun getting to know the state so well.
Last edited by SurfNTurf on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“There are two kinds of climbers: those who climb because their heart sings when they’re in the mountains, and all the rest.” - Alex Lowe

"There have been joys too great to describe in words, and there have been griefs upon which I cannot dare to dwell; and with those in mind I say, 'Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.'" - Edward Whymper
Presto
14ers: 58  6 
13ers: 308 21
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Presto »

Woohoo! That is so neat ... I remember we were discussing this the other day and now you've gone and done it! I will have to come up with a particularly special treat for you, my friend. =D> :iluvbeer: \:D/ :bow: Many, many more happy trails for you! :-D
As if none of us have ever come back with a cool, quasi-epic story instead of being victim to tragic rockfall, a fatal stumble, a heart attack, an embolism, a lightning strike, a bear attack, collapsing cornice, some psycho with an axe, a falling tree, carbon monoxide, even falling asleep at the wheel getting to a mountain. If you can't accept the fact that sometimes "s**t happens", then you live with the illusion that your epic genius and profound wilderness intelligence has put you in total and complete control of yourself, your partners, and the mountain. How mystified you'll be when "s**t happens" to you! - FM
BobbyFinn
14ers: 58  21 
13ers: 573 5 7
Trip Reports (19)

Post by BobbyFinn »

Congrats! We're glad you were able to finish!
Bob and Kate
Mountain Ninja
14ers: 58  23 
13ers: 62 2
Trip Reports (12)

Post by Mountain Ninja »

Awesome job, Matt! I really gotta meet you one of these days. Chris speaks highly of you, not to mention your excellent reputation! Way to spank the Colorado HP's.
Fisching
14ers: 58  10 
13ers: 144 1
Trip Reports (13)

Post by Fisching »

Awesome! Can you rank in order of preference for aspiring county highpointers:

A) Logan
B) Weld
C) Baca
D) Bent
E) Yuma
Peter Aitchison on the risks of rock climbing and mountaineering: "That's life, isn't it? We think the challenge and satisfaction you get from doing this is worth the risks."
"Respect the mountain. Train hard. Hope you can sneak up when it isn't looking."
"The mind is always worried about consequences, but the heart knows no fear. The heart just does what it wants."
BenfromtheEast
14ers: 58  10  16 
13ers: 37 8 3
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BenfromtheEast »

Wait. I thought Matt had already climbed all the mountains in Colorado.
Brian Thomas
14ers: 58  9 
13ers: 130
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Brian Thomas »

This is beyond awesome. You have truly earned the spinning star icon on your Lists of John profile =D> =D> =D>