Peak Bagging

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
434stonemill
14ers: 33 
13ers: 4
Trip Reports (2)

Peak Bagging

Post by 434stonemill »

Heard a funny story on NPR weekend discussing the Highpointers Club. The story highlights people's obssesion with climbing the high point's in every state or every county. In the report, they are climbing Jerimoth Hill, the highest point in Rhode Island. For all the fuss made about Mt Bross access, Jerimoth Hill was truely a challenge to access and climb it's 8 feet of vertical gain.

Read the transcript or listen to the story here:

http://www.loe.org/shows/segments.html? ... egmentID=5
spiderman
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Peak Bagging

Post by spiderman »

I had heard that this was airing as I was returning back from climbing the awesome 2nd lap highpoints of Michigan. http://www.peakbagger.com/list.aspx?lid=41209 Darn, that is a long road trip, especially with a detour through the South to bag some of those amazing 2nd in those states.

I missed the broadcast but read the transcript that you linked to. Stony is a great guy and a legit climber. I had met him at a couple of Konventions. The pictures of Jerimoth Hill brought back fond memories of climbing it both in summer and winter! It is sad that they mentioned some of the record setters, but left out Boulder's Matt Moniz who had the UNBELIEVABLE combination of youngest to climb them all, and also the fastest! How many 13 year olds hold a speed record? He surely is more worthy of mention than Ozzie.