Grand Canyon & Sedona Area hiking

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Tornadoman
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 266 35
Trip Reports (12)

Re: Grand Canyon & Sedona Area hiking

Post by Tornadoman »

talamo71 wrote:If you're coming from Colorado, you'll need to apply for a visa first. We don't let just anyone in here any longer. :-D

And be careful with those Colorado plates. State troopers are making arbitrary stops on Coloradoans looking for pot.
:-D I heard that you were looking for all the tourists you could get there. I am coming from Kansas, but probably renting a car so how knows what plates I may get. The last time I rented a car here they gave me Missouri...
Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you.
DanandDad
Trip Reports (3)

Post by DanandDad »

I'll also put in a word for Bright Angel Trail to Indian Gardens then out to Plateau Point.

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/triprepor ... m=tripuser" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I think it was the climax of a great hike.
mjsherman
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 53
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mjsherman »

devil's bridge Sedona copy.jpg
devil's bridge Sedona copy.jpg (289.79 KiB) Viewed 1199 times
below bridge Sedona copy 2.jpg
below bridge Sedona copy 2.jpg (122.56 KiB) Viewed 1199 times
Here are a couple of pics from the short hike to Devil's Bridge just north of Sedona's main drag. It is a right turn on the West end of town. Can't remember the name of the road. Popular hike though.
Matt
ajkagy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ajkagy »

some nice suggestions in this thread. I've been on probably 75% of the trails that allow bikes in Sedona, but never really any that are more akin to hiking. I'll have to check some of these out when I make my annual spring pilgrimage to the area.

Not sure if anybody mentioned it yet, but submarine rock would be a nice hike with really great views all around.