Humphrey's and Wheeler Partners? Ski?

14ers in California and Washington state or any other peak in the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
EatinHardtack
14ers: 42  20  3 
13ers: 79 32 2
Trip Reports (8)

Humphrey's and Wheeler Partners? Ski?

Post by EatinHardtack »

Just sending out a note to see if anyone on here would be interested in skiing the state high points of Arizona and New Mexico in a month and a half or so. Looking at doing the west face of Wheeler and maybe the NE face of Humphrey's. Obviously avalanche conditions will warrant exactly when to go.

Wanted to do a Shasta/Lassen Pk trip this year but it's just too far for me this season. Next year.

Thinking of heading down to Taos area on a Thursday afternoon, ski Wheeler on Friday, drive to Flagstaff Friday afternoon, Ski Humphrey's Saturday and drive back Sunday. When I drove to Phoenix a few years ago it took us about 10 hours to drive to Flagstaff. That trek will be broken up in two days but the drive back in Sunday could be a leisurely pace back to CO.

Also quite open to climbing with other non-skiers as well, just have snow some any education.

Anyone interested?
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
rlrjamy
14ers: 27 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Humphrey's and Wheeler Partners? Ski?

Post by rlrjamy »

I did Humphreys last week. We haven't gotten any snow since mid-Jan so things are very sparse up there. A month and a half can change that but so far this winter :cussing:

http://hikearizona.com/photoset.php?ID=34072" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
turbocat
14ers: 56 
13ers: 39
Trip Reports (2)

Post by turbocat »

PM sent.
When the going gets weird...the weird turn Pro. HST
rlrjamy
14ers: 27 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by rlrjamy »

16'' in the last 24 hours...guess I should have checked before posting :-D

also from last week...found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMhst-4jRK8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;