14ers.com member attempting K2

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
nsaladin
14ers: 58  1  5 
13ers: 12 1
Trip Reports (0)

Re: 14ers.com member attempting K2

Post by nsaladin »

Great job Alan! Happy birthday! You did this for a great cause. Both of my grandparents have Alzheimer's, I appreciate everything you do!
Rarefied
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Rarefied »

There’s impressive and then there’s … IMPRESSIVE! And your efforts regarding Alzheimer’s eclipse even that. Congrats all fronts.

R
MatB
14ers: 22  1  1 
13ers: 98 4 1
Trip Reports (3)

Post by MatB »

Nice job Alan! Incredible accomplishment.
"Man. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived,'"
- Dalai Lama, when asked about what surprises him the most about humanity
jimlup
14ers: 27  1 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (3)

Post by jimlup »

Congratulations Alan!

A guide from an Alpine Ascents Mountaineering class I participated in 3 years ago said that he didn't have a great deal of respect for the highest peak on each continent. The 2nd highest peak on each continent on the other hand definitely got his respect!

K2 is the crown jewel!
"Just because you have the gear does not mean that you are a Mountaineer!" My daughter's cynical comment about my hobby...
EatinHardtack
14ers: 42  20  3 
13ers: 79 32 2
Trip Reports (8)

Post by EatinHardtack »

Very cool. Great accomplishment Alan!
"In our youths our hearts were touched with fire" - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Mike Shepherd
14ers: 12 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Mike Shepherd »

Really looking forward to that trip report if he posts one of course. Now for the descent. I hope that goes well for him.
Friends don't let friends wear microspikes
cpb145
14ers: 12 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by cpb145 »

Wow, what an accomplishment! Congratulations! You just got a shout out on Fox 31 'Good day Colorado' by the way. Get home safely!
-Chris