Last minute Dolomite trip

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
XMULE
14ers: 7 
Trip Reports (0)

Last minute Dolomite trip

Post by XMULE »

Just got word I'm going on business trip to Italy next week. \:D/ May have 2-3 days on my own to do some hiking/snowshoeing in the Dolomites. Have found a nice (aka cheap) B&B in Sexten/Sesto about 35 miles NE of Cortina, but not committed to that. Any ideas/suggestions?
Se esmera, coracao
E confia
Na forca do amanha
jrs1965
14ers: 58  1  3 
13ers: 10
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Last minute Dolomite trip

Post by jrs1965 »

XMULE wrote:Just got word I'm going on business trip to Italy next week. \:D/ May have 2-3 days on my own to do some hiking/snowshoeing in the Dolomites. Have found a nice (aka cheap) B&B in Sexten/Sesto about 35 miles NE of Cortina, but not committed to that. Any ideas/suggestions?
My nephew is from northern Italy in Vicenza. I chatted with him briefly and he recommended the "Tre Cime di Lavaredo" (3 peaks of Lavaredo) for that area of Italy. However, he said they are "very dangerous and are not reachable" this time of year.

"Try the beautiful ski resorts" was his recommendation...
XMULE
Trip Reports (0)

Post by XMULE »

Thanks! The place I'm looking at staying is near the Tres Cimes de Lavaredo. Trust me, I have no intentions of climbing them! The regional web site has oodles of snow-shoeing intineraries, so will likely wait until I get there are ask for some local knowledge on the subject. http://www.three-peaks.info/alto-adige/ ... iking.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Se esmera, coracao
E confia
Na forca do amanha
XMULE
Trip Reports (0)

Post by XMULE »

Actually meant to post this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... p5uDpinU2Y" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Se esmera, coracao
E confia
Na forca do amanha