Where is this? Cool pic.

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
djkest
14ers: 58 
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (44)

Where is this? Cool pic.

Post by djkest »

So I saw this on a youtube video of all places. Of course they didn't say where it was from. Any ideas?

For some reason, I'm thinking Glacier National Park, Canada, or one of the Nordic Countries- but who knows?

Gonna see if I can get this to work...

(attachment is same pic but smaller and crappier)
Attachments
whereis.jpg
whereis.jpg (195.69 KiB) Viewed 1392 times
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog
denvermikey
14ers: 51 
13ers: 166
Trip Reports (12)

Re: Where is this? Cool pic.

Post by denvermikey »

Appears to be Bow Lake in Alberta Canada...
"Every man dies, not every man really lives" - William Wallace
"Because it's there" - George Mallory
"In the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years" - Abraham Lincoln
"You only live once but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West
"Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world." - David McCullough Jr.
djkest
13ers: 19
Trip Reports (44)

Post by djkest »

denvermikey wrote:Appears to be Bow Lake in Alberta Canada...
You are right. I actually figured this out by google searching "Canada Glacier Lake" on a whim and going through all the pics. Looks absolutely amazing. It's in Banff National Park.
Life is a mountain, not a beach.
Exploring and Wine, my personal blog
Jon Frohlich
13ers: 162 3
Trip Reports (29)

Post by Jon Frohlich »

Definitely Bow Lake. I have a similar picture from our trip last year. Peyto Lake was our favorite along the drive from Banff to Jasper.
418876_10151062215634099_1799699946_n.jpg
418876_10151062215634099_1799699946_n.jpg (91.7 KiB) Viewed 1306 times