Mt Elbrus or Aconcagua?

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
colokeith
14ers: 39  2 
13ers: 34 3
Trip Reports (7)

Re: Mt Elbrus or Aconcagua?

Post by colokeith »

geojed wrote:
scalba123 wrote:
SarahT wrote:My advice would be neither. The 7 summits are so overcrowded it feels like you're at Disney World. At least that's how I felt on Acon and I wasn't even there during a "busy" time of the season. There are so many other awesome peaks in the world.
Could you please provide some suggestions? I'm going to Kilimanjaro in May and wonder what would be my next awesome experience. The other seven summits really aren't on my bucket list. Thanks for providing any ideas.
Lots of fun stuff in Bolivia (Cordillera Real) or Peru (Cordillera Blanca), Ecuador volcanoes...
Good suggestions, or tons of good stuff in Alaska
To climb is to push yourself in a way you might not normally imagine is possible. If your stamina, skill, and luck are sound you will get to stand on top. ... I realized that with climbing, I'd found something that nourished my soul and could forge me into a better version myself - Jim Davidson
cheeseburglar
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 79 2 1
Trip Reports (8)

Re: Mt Elbrus or Aconcagua?

Post by cheeseburglar »

I haven't climbed either of these mountains, but not because I don't want to.
If I had to pick one today, I'd pick Elbrus.
It could go pretty bad if the situation with Russia deteriorates, but travel always has some risk.
That risk might drive prices lower.
The marmot said “Nobody is perfect and you are not nobody.”

Random FoTH Quotes