Iceland Advice

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
peter303
14ers: 34 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (3)

Re: Iceland Advice

Post by peter303 »

Sounds like a particularly challenging winter this year.
http://icelandreview.com/news/2015/04/2 ... old-period
dustj
14ers: 58  16  1 
13ers: 126 19 5
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Iceland Advice

Post by dustj »

I was there two weeks ago and had no issues getting around the country. We drove the Ring Road from Akureyri to Reykjavik to Skaftafell. Up north there was snow off of the road and on the peaks but the roads were dry. There was also a bit of snow in Þingvellir, but other than that, the rest of the country was clear. I skied Hvannadalshnjúkur in the south on my last day there and the guide I went with said that there is more snow up top this year but less down low. I'm not really sure what to attribute that to.
IMG_2510-2.jpg
IMG_2510-2.jpg (92.98 KiB) Viewed 890 times
IMG_2715-2.jpg
IMG_2715-2.jpg (79.45 KiB) Viewed 890 times