Mont Blanc....incredible panorama photo

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Tejonmax
14ers: 25 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Mont Blanc....incredible panorama photo

Post by Tejonmax »

Ran across this article and photo today. The photo is a 365 gigapixel interactive image of Mont Blanc. Enjoy!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... mbers.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
spong0949
14ers: 49  1 
13ers: 47
Trip Reports (26)

Re: Mont Blanc....incredible panorama photo

Post by spong0949 »

Wow! That's unreal how far you can zoom. Thanks for sharing!
Mountain photography and fine art:
https://aaron-spong.pixels.com/

Blog:
http://14erart.com

"SOLI DEO GLORIA"
Fr3ako
14ers: 38 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Fr3ako »

That is impressive! thanks!
Who needs a thermometer? That’s what my nipples are for. -- Kintz
There are two rules to success in life. 1) Never tell everything you know. -- Roger H. Lincoln
pvnisher
Trip Reports (8)

Post by pvnisher »

I was playing around with it, looking at routes that I've done or want to do (you can see the fixed ropes on Dent du Geant, for example), when I realized that some of the views looked eerily familiar. Like, looking off at the Italian side, you could see the top of the lift from Courmayeur to Point Helbronner, exactly how I remember it. Then a particular rock in the near field looked familiar, and I realized that the pictures were all taken from a little sub-peak I brought some friends up in 2013 (Petit Flambeau).

Here's a screenshot from the website, and then one of us playing around on the rock. Wild!

Yes, they chose that very spot as the best panorama in the entire Alps. So I guess it was a pretty good spot for lunch!
Petit Flambeau small version.jpg
Petit Flambeau small version.jpg (71.98 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
GA_peach
14ers: 58 
13ers: 43
Trip Reports (0)

Post by GA_peach »

That is a very cool photo project! Thanks for posting.

Alan
There's a fine line between hardcore and stupidity.