Nepal trek March 2016

Discussion area for peaks outside of the USA
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Fr3ako
14ers: 38 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (6)

Nepal trek March 2016

Post by Fr3ako »

Does anybody have any recommendation for a great trek to do in Nepal? I'll be arriving in Kathmandu on February 19 (without any gear as I've been travelling around for a few months) and might look into a local and reliable company to get out trekking as I have plenty of time in my hands.

Had a look at the EBC, Manaslu BC or Annapurna sanctuary but if you have any other trek/company you really enjoyed and would recommend, I'd be keen on hearing it.

Also, what's the best shop to rent some material in Kathmandu?

Thanks
Who needs a thermometer? That’s what my nipples are for. -- Kintz
There are two rules to success in life. 1) Never tell everything you know. -- Roger H. Lincoln
USAKeller
14ers: 58  24  24 
13ers: 169 3 7
Trip Reports (46)

Re: Nepal trek March 2016

Post by USAKeller »

Not sure if he will see this thread but you might want to contact forum member gdthomas - he took a pretty sweet trip to Nepal and EBC not too long ago. He'd probably have a lot of information for you!
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

Langtang would be another possibility.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
RobertKay
14ers: 58  4  3 
13ers: 32
Trip Reports (10)

Post by RobertKay »

I'm leading a trek over the Renjo La and Cho La to EBC as a fundraiser for Tiny Hands International, a non-profit that works to end the sex trafficking of Nepali girls. It isn't cheap since it's a fundraiser ($6,000 all inclusive in Nepal) but is for a great cause. We will take a helicopter from Kathmandu to Lukla to avoid the risks and potential delays of the fixed wing flight. FYI, I'm working for free and paying my own expenses to get there. It starts March 28. There is also an option (for additional cost) to climb Island Peak if that appeals. We will also be going to Pokhara as part of this trip.
Peakmarker.com
Fr3ako
14ers: 38 
13ers: 3
Trip Reports (6)

Post by Fr3ako »

Thanks all for the suggestions, will do my homeworks before arriving there and will investigate once there.
@RobertKay, while I appreciate the hard work you put into this trip especially for a great cause like yours, 6,000$ is indeed not cheap and too much for me. Wish you all the best.
Who needs a thermometer? That’s what my nipples are for. -- Kintz
There are two rules to success in life. 1) Never tell everything you know. -- Roger H. Lincoln