Steve Gladbach Memorial Moments Video Series

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
globreal
14ers: 58  1  26 
13ers: 198 2 6
Trip Reports (61)

Re: Steve Gladbach Memorial Moments Video Series

Post by globreal »

Moraine14 wrote:I appreciate these videos and the efforts of those who made them, carrying on the legacy of helping & educating others. I am not very active with CMC, although I do maintain my membership, and when I renewed a few months ago I asked them to earmark my extra donation for the Steve Gladbach Memorial Fund. Is this fund something which will remain "active" for awhile and/or are there more educational videos (or other activities) planned?
Moraine, thanks for your kind comments and questions.

Yes, the goal/desire of the Steve Gladbach Memorial Fund is for it NOT to deplete itself, but to be ongoing. So thank you so much for your donation! Brenda Porter at the CMC is overseeing the fund and you could contact her with any questions.

And yes, it is my understanding that the current plan is to have a 2-3 videos produced per year as well as a couple of education classes. In fact, Brenda just contacted me about producing the next video. I am hoping to have it filmed in May and edited in June.

~Britt
Moraine14
14ers: 11 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Moraine14 »

That's great, Britt, thanks for the info!
nfire
14ers: 33 
Trip Reports (2)

Post by nfire »

uhhh. i've been away from this forum for a couple years and log in to see that one of the most helpful and friendly posters here passed. i didn't know him but i know he must have a lot of friends here. terrible to see and hear. RIP.
globreal
Trip Reports (61)

Re: Steve Gladbach Video Series-NEW VIDEO #3

Post by globreal »

The third installment has now been produced and is online. This one is on THE 10 ESSENTIALS and we've added a bit of humor to it.

Thanks once again to the Colorado Mountain Club for sponsoring these Steve Gladbach Memorial Moments videos!

If you prefer to watch it full-screen, go here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvIH-5B5 ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And click on the icon in lower right corner that kinda looks like a picture frame.

Enjoy!

[youtubevideo]watch?v=tvIH-5B576w&feature=youtu.be[/youtubevideo]
Last edited by globreal on Tue May 20, 2014 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MtnHub
14ers: 28 
13ers: 23
Trip Reports (50)

Re: Steve Gladbach Video Series-NEW VIDEO #3

Post by MtnHub »

Excellent video, Britt! And yes, a sense of humor is always good to "pack" along too! :lol:

Will be there in spirit with you all on the 7th!
globreal
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

I moved this new video to it's own thread instead of burying it in the middle of a previous thread.

Go here: http://www.14ers.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 47#p526347" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry for the confusion.
globreal
Trip Reports (61)

Post by globreal »

Dear Climbing Community,

The 4th Steve Gladbach Memorial Moments video has now been completed. This one is on Navigation.

Enjoy!

After watching, please share with others and or post to your Facebook pages. There are many new people getting into climbing our high peaks all the time. Thanks.
susanjoypaul
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 88 6
Trip Reports (2)

Post by susanjoypaul »

Awww... that was great, Britt! Very funny, well written and acted, shot and edited, and so appropriate.

I ran into two different parties, on two different peaks, this past summer who were without a map, a compass, or a clue, literally stopped at the end of the trail looking for cairns. It's kind of surprising that we don't lose more folks "out there."

Thanks for doing these videos. I'll share this with all my Facebook Fiends.
d_baker
14ers: 58  15 
13ers: 348 11
Trip Reports (59)

Post by d_baker »

Is Middlebrook still lost? Or did the Goose rescue him? ;)
unclegar
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (9)

Post by unclegar »

Great job again Britt! I think those two "characters" may have a future in a mountaineering cable series. :-D
...the mountain peaks belong to Him. -- PS 95:4

“All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt.”
― Charles M. Schulz
giarcd
14ers: 22 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (15)

Post by giarcd »

Really good stuff and important ---nice work Brit and 'Goose'
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

d_baker wrote:Is Middlebrook still lost? Or did the Goose rescue him? ;)
I'm still lost
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs