What's the hardest 14er??

FAQ and threads for those just starting to hike the Colorado 14ers.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Krullin_14ers
14ers: 51  6 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (10)

What's the hardest 14er??

Post by Krullin_14ers »

Hey guys, wanted to hear some input on what you think is the hardest 14er? And then, if you are actually reading what I'm writing, the hardest 14er w/o rope use. I've done Crestone Needle and Pyramid, and want to gauge these against some others.

Thanks!
](*,)
denvermikey
14ers: 51 
13ers: 166
Trip Reports (12)

Re: What's the hardest 14er??

Post by denvermikey »

This link below is a composite of hundreds of users and their opinions on which are the 'hardest'. No standard route requires rope. Little Bear and Capitol are pretty much locks for the top 2 most difficult.

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/usrpeaksrall.php
"Every man dies, not every man really lives" - William Wallace
"Because it's there" - George Mallory
"In the end it's not the years in your life that count, it's the life in your years" - Abraham Lincoln
"You only live once but if you do it right, once is enough" - Mae West
"Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world." - David McCullough Jr.
Dave B
Trip Reports (9)

Post by Dave B »

Make wilderness less accessible.
Somewhat of a Prick
14ers: 58  7 
13ers: 84
Trip Reports (17)

Post by Somewhat of a Prick »

Mt. Hunter
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

denvermikey wrote:This link below is a composite of hundreds of users and their opinions on which are the 'hardest'. No standard route requires rope. Little Bear and Capitol are pretty much locks for the top 2 most difficult.

http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/usrpeaksrall.php
^This

/thread
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs