Bierstadt Sat Dec 12??

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
bednorz41@hotmail.com
14ers: 58 
Trip Reports (15)

Bierstadt Sat Dec 12??

Post by bednorz41@hotmail.com »

14ers,

We (Beth and I) are thinking about heading up to Bierstadt on Saturday. We are going to drive up from Grant as far as we can and hike from there. From the recent trip report post it seems you cant drive much higher than Duck lake and then need to hike in. It didnt look like they needed their snowshoes but might be good just to have them. We will probably be up there around 7:30 or 8:00 AM.

Matt Bednorz
Matt Bednorz
Dancesatmoonrise
14ers: 58  43 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (68)

Re: Bierstadt Sat Dec 12??

Post by Dancesatmoonrise »

Hello Matt,

With the new snows everything may have changed. Correct, we humped in those snowshoes to the other side of Gomer Creek and dropped them. Didn't need them the whole way.

The gate is locked at Duck Lake, so clear or no, that's the end of the line. About 2 miles and 600 vertical below the summer TH.

6-8" at my house and still snowing, so no telling what you may encounter on the road now, though it looks to be clearing by Wed into the weekend, with a slow warming trend.

Best of luck with it. Bring the snowshoes, I would after this storm.

--Jim
LAW
14ers: 57  12  1 
13ers: 87 3 3
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Bierstadt Sat Dec 12??

Post by LAW »

FYI,

Don't think it is much more than a mile from the gate up to the top of the pass... the gate is just before mile marker 12.