end the year right with quandry peak

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
5280andalwaysclimbin
Trip Reports (0)

end the year right with quandry peak

Post by 5280andalwaysclimbin »

as this will be our first winter climb of a 14er im looking for any and all advice, well be climbing from monty cristo th, were good on gear just wondering if theres any doos or donts or better summits to do
USAKeller
14ers: 58  24  24 
13ers: 169 3 7
Trip Reports (46)

Re: end the year right with quandry peak

Post by USAKeller »

I think Quandary is a great choice - sticking to the East Ridge has little [if any at all] avalanche danger. There should be a snowshoe trail through the forest and you'll probably see other people on trail that day. Quandary is notorious for high winds so I personally wouldn't go if the winds are really high. Bierstadt's standard route is also a good choice, however you don't have the convenient trailhead accessibility that Quandary does. I asw Bierstadt 2 days ago from Torreys and and it's looking dry. Have fun and be safe!
5280andalwaysclimbin
Trip Reports (0)

Re: end the year right with quandry peak

Post by 5280andalwaysclimbin »

thank you so much, im glad we were right in our asumption,