Recent Snow

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Real----Estate
14ers: 2 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Recent Snow

Post by Real----Estate »

Has anyone been into RMNP yesterday or today? Plans on a few hikes around 11000 tomorrow but wondering if anyone can provide a recent snow condition report. Twin Sisters/Cone/Longs area specifically. CAIC Showed Moderate, but the "Front Range" is quite diverse. Thanks and if this should be in another forum area please advise.
"The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take place of those which fail"
llamaman
14ers: 10  1 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (1)

Re: Recent Snow

Post by llamaman »

Well this may be too late for your plans but,

I did Twin Sisters on Friday. The trail up was hard packed snow. I didn't use my snowshoes but my yaktrax instead (which finally broke...time for some microspikes). The summits are basically snow free, with a few drifts in the saddles. I hasn't snowed much there in the last week or so.

My wife and I hiked to Chipmunk and Ypsilon Lakes yesterday, and with an off-trail route to return. Trails were packed, with minimal new snow.