La plata north face

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mmcglynn45
14ers: 8 
Trip Reports (0)

La plata north face

Post by mmcglynn45 »

Does anyone know how significant the avy danger for skiing the north face on la plata this weekend or is the converage up there not even good enough to do this?

Thanks!
Kiefer
14ers: 58  39 
13ers: 317 24
Trip Reports (20)

Re: La plata north face

Post by Kiefer »

A good start.
CAIC
CAIC Accidents

Vail Mountain got about 8" out of this storm since last night. And that's only at ~11,000ft.
Be careful, man.
RoanMtnMan
14ers: 45 
Trip Reports (19)

Post by RoanMtnMan »

Not something I would do right now. I can't think of anyone that would recommend that line right now. Wait until spring.
Always follow the 7 P's. Proper Planning & Preparation, Prevents Piss-Poor Performance.

"An adventure is misery and discomfort, relived in the safety of reminiscence.” --Marco Polo

http://www.CalebWrayPhotography.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BillMiddlebrook
Site Administrator
14ers: 58  46  19 
13ers: 172 44 37
Trip Reports (2)

Post by BillMiddlebrook »

Ditto.
Danger.

sorry, I hammered this out from my phone...
"When I go out, I become more alive. I just love skiing. The gravitational pull. When you ski steep terrain... you can almost get a feeling of flying." -Doug Coombs
mmcglynn45
14ers: 8 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by mmcglynn45 »

Alright thanks guys, that line is more intense than I first thought and clearly dangerous right now
hollamby
14ers: 58  2  2 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by hollamby »

I climbed it yesterday, I did summit but it was stupid....

The storm rolled in and had very hard conditions, and almost spent the night in the woods.

Ryan
It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.
Edmund Hillary