Pikes Peak-Hero Traverse

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Kyle the climber
14ers: 5 
Trip Reports (0)

Pikes Peak-Hero Traverse

Post by Kyle the climber »

Has any one done this around this time of year? Do you think that blind assumption or total abandon is in or just snow and mixed?
BaronVonBergschrund
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Pikes Peak-Hero Traverse

Post by BaronVonBergschrund »

I have no current information on route conditions on Pikes Peak, but I am curious. Do you actually get out and climb the routes you are asking about or just talk about them on the internet? Martha/North Face linkup, etc. I just wonder.
Baron Von Bergschrund
Remember, remember, the third of December.
Sharing wisdom on Rock Climbing, Climbing Shoes, Rappelling, Layering, Eddie Bauer, Pants, Helmets, Ropes, Ice Axes, Tri-Cams, Carabiners
tenpins
Trip Reports (0)

Post by tenpins »

Kyle the climber wrote:Has any one done this around this time of year? Do you think that blind assumption or total abandon is in or just snow and mixed?

speculation is that TA and BA should be in. You're a going to want to check the snowpack before venturing out onto the traverse. There have been quite a few slides on the peak this year, including one on the north face a week and a half ago. I was on it last year in may, but we had a much better snowpack last year.
Kyle the climber
14ers: 5 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Kyle the climber »

thanks for the info and Baron your the funniest person on this website im so happy your so talkative if thats how you spell talkitave or someting. :oops: