Call for Bierstadt Beta

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
mountainmicah83
14ers: 58  3  10 
13ers: 10 1
Trip Reports (24)

Call for Bierstadt Beta

Post by mountainmicah83 »

Anyone got any recent pics of the standard route on Bierstadt? I am contemplating of going this coming sunday and am wondering if the skis are worth the weight.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -- Calvin Coolidge

Visit my blog at: http://mountainmicah.blogspot.com
tmathews
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Call for Bierstadt Beta

Post by tmathews »

As of 11/23, it definitely looks like skis would just be an extra burden: http://www.14ers.com/php14ers/peakstatu ... ?recnum=51

I doubt it's gotten much more snow in the last week.

Holy sh*t, I just realized that today is December. :shock:
mountainmicah83
14ers: 58  3  10 
13ers: 10 1
Trip Reports (24)

Post by mountainmicah83 »

Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping for more snow :? I suppose I will actually hold off and just hit up some vertical rock instead.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." -- Calvin Coolidge

Visit my blog at: http://mountainmicah.blogspot.com
sunny1
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 225 8
Trip Reports (3)

Post by sunny1 »

Was on Square Top Saturday 11/27, the snow on Bierstadt looks similar to a little less than the pics posted by Matt Bednorz 11/23, provided by tmathews above.
Didn't look worth hauling the skis up yet. :(
The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana.
prestone818
Trip Reports (0)

Post by prestone818 »

warm temps and sun this week arent going to help u out any. supposed to storm this weekend but i wouldnt bring skis after the weather this week
Pale Rider
14ers: 8  1 
13ers: 5
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Pale Rider »

Was on top of Bierstadt on 11/27. No way on the skis. yet..... no snow shoes needed either. I did use Micro Spikes which helped....
rijaca
14ers: 58  4 
13ers: 244 1 2
Trip Reports (1)

Post by rijaca »

Bierstadt on Sat 11/27....
Bierstadt.small.JPG
Bierstadt.small.JPG (63.14 KiB) Viewed 513 times
"A couple more shots of whiskey,
the women 'round here start looking good"