La Plata this Saturday 4/23

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

La Plata this Saturday 4/23

Post by kushrocks »

Anyone been up La Plata recently? I am thinking of doing that or Mt. Yale Saturday depending on if I can get some trail condition updates. Probably looking at around a 6am start time.
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."
kimo
14ers: 32  6 
13ers: 116 6
Trip Reports (0)

Re: La Plata this Saturday 4/23

Post by kimo »

If you weren't aware there is a week old conditions report for La Plata posted in the conditions section.

Last Saturday we climbed Lackawanna Peak just across Hwy 82. I thought the snow on Lackawanna was in a good shape (south facing route). But all I can share regarding La Plata is a couple pics of the north ridge route.

From down low.
_DSC8288.jpg
_DSC8288.jpg (301.04 KiB) Viewed 521 times
From up high (a great photo by Derek showing the entire ridge).
DSCN4680.JPG
DSCN4680.JPG (166.42 KiB) Viewed 523 times
COBuckeye
14ers: 34  7  1 
13ers: 8 3
Trip Reports (2)

Post by COBuckeye »

kimo,
great pictures, thanks for sharing. Looks like the N Face is in for a ski descent, I just wonder what the snow is like. Anybody with intrest in a N Face ski in a few weeks let me know.
"...cause I got changed by what I've been shown, more glory than the world has known, keeps me ramblin' on..." - Josh Garrels (Farther Along)
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

Post by kushrocks »

Anyone going up to the mountains this weekend? Looks like there could be a good dumping of snow.
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."