Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Maroon Bells Trip Report

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Maroon Bells Trip Report

Postby rickinco123 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:54 pm

This is a very lengthy and detailed report. It is sort of a slide show. I broke it up into 5 posts. I would appreciate any feedback, especially if you find it boring or difficult to navigate.

Most of the good photos and Google Earth stuff was done by John Brooks.

My apologies to Bill for not using his Trip Reports Feature on this site. If I have broken some sort of rule here I will be glad to make a separate TR for this site and link back to my blog.

I have gathered some Beta off this site over the years but have never contributed anything myself. I hope this helps someone.

http://rickinthehills.blogspot.com/2011_06_01_archive.html

The blog title is a play on "Freedom of the Hills". A little cheesy but the best I could come up with.

-Rick

Re: Maroon Bells Trip Report

Postby JB99 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:29 pm

I think the big advantage of sharing your link in the "trip reports" section is that it will be easy for people to find in the future... Nice report.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not."

Postby rickinco123 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:35 pm

Good point, maybe I can copy/paste the html code over there. I will take a look tonight.

Postby mike_kadow » Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:41 pm

Great TR!

Glad you made it.

And don't sell yourself short on the photos. I couldn't tell which were yours or John's.

Postby Jim Davies » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:49 pm

The word "epic" is overused, but that was a pretty epic day.
Some people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths. -- Steven Wright

Postby FireOnTheMountain » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Way to kill it guys! (this is one of the guys you saw back at the TH at 11pm, thanks again for the advice despite you guys must of been dead tired)
Everyday is a G r A t E f U L Day here in the CO

Postby rickinco123 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:59 pm

Yeah Jim, I referred to a mini epic in my condition report, no bivy required so not a full blown epic :-)

Fireonthemountain, I saw your TR for Pyramid. We were commenting on that couloir you took for your descent line all day, it's in a lot of our photos. That looks absolutely crazy! Great to meet you. Probably could have offered more pertinent advice if we more lucid.