Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

FKT on Capitol?

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Re: FKT on Capitol?

Postby MtHurd » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:01 pm

We need a fatass climbing time. All these guys are skin and bones.

Postby dehrlich101 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Anyone know if he's still going for Nolan's 14 this year?
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ

Postby geojed » Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:59 pm

What about a SKT= Slowest Known Time? Now that would be something! :D

Rules: Must maintain continuous movement. No stopping, no resting, no sleeping. 2 Bathroom breaks of no more than 5 mins each.

Postby awilbur77 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:18 pm

geojed wrote:What about a SKT= Slowest Known Time? Now that would be something! :D

Rules: Must maintain continuous movement. No stopping, no resting, no sleeping. 2 Bathroom breaks of no more than 5 mins each.

Now this is something I might be able to compete with. \:D/
"Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing." - Hellen Keller
http://www.summitrounder.com

Postby Tory Wells » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:06 pm

dehrlich101 wrote:Anyone know if he's still going for Nolan's 14 this year?

He has said in his blog he will not be going for Nolan's this year due to the fatigue from Leadville and races he is already signed up for in Europe. Too bad, I think we would all like to see that.
"Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, am I." -David Gilmour, Pink Floyd

"We knocked the bastard off." Hillary, 1953
"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." Hillary, 2003
Couldn't we all use 50 years of humble growth?
-Steve Gladbach

Postby dehrlich101 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:45 pm

Tory Wells wrote:

He has said in his blog he will not be going for Nolan's this year due to the fatigue from Leadville and races he is already signed up for in Europe. Too bad, I think we would all like to see that.

Thanks. That is too bad. Maybe next year..
I am glad I shall never be young without wild country to be young in - Aldo Leopold

Support Colorado Search and Rescue - CORSAR Card

LOJ

Anton's impressive

Postby Marmot72 » Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:26 pm

I was coming back from N Arapaho, traversing to S Arapaho, when I saw him emerge. About 3/4 of the way from S to N on the traverse, there is this wall that one must bypass to left. So I was coming back along the ridge and looking at a pair of hikers: one was hanging out on the cliff, while the other was completing the downclimb. Suddenly, this brown lean figure like Coleridge's Ancient Mariner or Tom Hanks' character from Castaway. He didn't look fast; all moves were deliberate, fluid, but non-stop. While I watched, rooted to the spot, he negotiated the downclimb and just floated across the broken ground of the traverse. It was a pretty warm day in July, and he carried no water.

I deviated from the ridge, exploring a possible connection to Mt Neva. I soon heard Anton up on the ridge above me. The guy is just pure unimpeded motion. It's like the altitude has no effect on his lungs and that his leg muscles have never heard of lactic acid.
I have phenomenal route-finding abilities. Specifically, I have an uncanny knack for selecting the path of most resistance.

Postby MtHurd » Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:39 am

summitseeker wrote:Some photographic evidence:

I think this answers all the "do we need an ice axe, crampons, shirt, coat, sunscreen, water, etc..." questions. :)

Postby Mohare77 » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:31 pm

Holy cow - I saw that guy on kelso in July. I thought he was spiderman or jesus b/c he never passed me, he just suddenly appeared at the top of the white wall. I tried to let out a hello or a "how the heck do I get up this white wall?"...he just looked at me like fox and ran off w/o a word. I thought I was seeing things b/c no shirt, no water, no nothing.

Postby MonGoose » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:53 am

I was looking through the Ultimate Direction website and I thought, "Wait a minute, I know that guy!'.

http://www.ultimatedirection.com/c-signature-series.aspx

Postby siop » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:17 pm

dehrlich101 wrote:
Tory Wells wrote:

Thanks. That is too bad. Maybe next year..

According to his blog he's going for Nolan's 14 Aug 31, 2013
"because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing the lawn. climb that goddamn mountain" -jack kerouac

"here is your chance to find your own way. go on your own. be adventuresome. don't forever seek the easiest way. go the way you find. don't demand trail signs and sturdy bridges. don't demand we show you the mountains. see them and find them yourself. here's your chance to get lost, fall in the creek, find a beautiful place." -randy morgenson

Postby nicholasblee » Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:30 pm

I noticed Anton also joined the forum yesterday and posted regarding losing his axe on Longs:

http://www.14ers.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=38826

PreviousNext