Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

Princeton conditions

Colorado 14er peak questions and conditions should be posted here. 14er Trip Reports

Re: Princeton conditions

Postby eskermo » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:08 am

KSU Wildcat wrote:For the 1st time ever - I can help!! Today (Thursday), I hiked from the trailhead to just above the radio towers. There was patchy snow in places. At most 3" of snow, where there was snow. There were a couple of places where there was ice from melt, so you'll have to be careful there. I don't see any reason that a vehicle that can get over the uneven bumps, etc. in the road, would have any trouble up to the radio towers. Above the radio towers, there is more snow - road is mostly covered with snow, but not more then ~4" or so.

Thank you sir! Very helpful. This is exactly what I was hoping to hear :)

P.S. I'm an O-State alum and I had a blast in Aggieville/at the game two weeks ago. I'm pulling for yall for national champs!

Postby KSU Wildcat » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:11 pm

e -

Looks like we didn't "pull" hard enough. Who were those imposters wearing purple Sat. night? Hope your Princeton climb went well!
Climb on!

Postby WSC_Geologist12 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:25 am

I posted a conditions report and a TH report (with pictures). I drove my 4wd Chevy Silverado to ~10,575' where I encountered an ice patch that covered the entire road. That snow that KSU Wildcat was speaking of must have melted and froze, I think the ice will only get worse as freeze/thaw continues. Unfortunately the size of my truck forced me to navigate the entire road in reverse on the way down.

Unfortunately, that ice patch blocks you from getting to the remainder of fairly snow-free road. But at the end of the day the extra miles on your legs feel rewarding :P

Previous