Forum
Buying gear? Please use these links to help 14ers.com:

More info...

Other ways to help...

CFI Donations and CO Gives Day!

Items that do not fit the categories above.
Site Administrator

CFI Donations and CO Gives Day!

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:53 pm

Hi All!

UPDATE, Wednesday, Dec 5th: Even through CO Gives Day is over, you can still donate to the CFI using the following link. Donations will not be included against the Firstbank incentive fund but still go directly to CFI and their great work.

If you haven’t already made a donation to the Colorado Fourteeners Initiative (CFI) this year, please consider one Tuesday, December 4th because it’s Colorado Gives Day and the CFI is included! If you haven't heard :), CFI is the non-profit organization who builds and maintains our 14er trails and receives a large amount of its funding from individuals like us. So, if you plan on making a year-end donation to CFI, Colorado Gives Day works out well.

On Tuesday, all credit card fees will be waived and FirstBank has provided a $300,000 incentive fund that will be proportionally allocated across all donations received, increasing the value of each donation. I don't know how much the CFI will get from that fund, but it's hard money that will go to them based on how much we raise today.

The link goes to my CFI/Colorado Gives Day campaign page (14ers.com receives nothing, I’m just spreading the word) where you can click “Donate Now” under my photo. At the end of your transaction, you'll have the option to print a donation receipt for tax purposes. I have a $10,000 donation goal but obviously that's unlikely for one day. After Tuesday the links will still work but credit card fees will not be waived and donations will not be eligible for the incentive fund.

Oh, and you don't need to use Facebook to participate in this one. :wink:

Thanks so much,

-Bill M

CFI restoration project videos:
Mount of the Holy Cross Project
North Maroon Peak Project
San Luis Peak Project
2013 El Diente Peak (Kilpacker Basin) Trail Reconstruction
2014 Mount Eolus Trail Reconstruction
Only SNOW will end the madness

Site Administrator

Re: CO Gives Day is TODAY!

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:56 pm

Holy cow! In 6 hours, we're up to $4,200. You guys are amazing...

Re: CO Gives Day is TODAY!

Postby LuLuLuv » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Just gave several donations in honor of those that enjoy climbing mountains as much as I do....A great christmas present!

Site Administrator

Re: CFI and Colorado Gives Day!

Postby BillMiddlebrook » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:35 am

Hooray!! Our campaign raised over $6,000 for the CFI yesterday; your generosity never ceases to amaze me! All of that is fee-free through the givingfirst.org site and will help CFI get more from the FirstBank incentive fund. According to CFI Executive Director, Lloyd Athearn, CFI saw total Colorado Gives Day donations of more than $24,000. Sweet

If you'd still like to donate, please don't hesitate. Donations made after CO Gives Day aren't eligible for the FirstBank incentive fund but still go directly to CFI. I hope we can come close to my $10k goal by the end of the year.

Think snow and, again...

Use this link to see our progress or make a donation