The monsoon...

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
PaliKona
14ers: 20 
13ers: 17
Trip Reports (0)

Re: The monsoon...

Post by PaliKona »

Is the bulk of that moisture supposed to hit the central and northern mtns in CO as well, or stay south?
Matt
14ers: 58 
13ers: 208
Trip Reports (32)

Post by Matt »

Is the bulk of that moisture supposed to hit the central and northern mtns in CO as well, or stay south?
Here's what Joel Gratz had to say today: http://opensnow.com/news/post/snow-in-september
We are all greater artists than we realize -FWN
A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -HDT
Peak List
Tortoise1
14ers: 15 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Tortoise1 »

Now it's over - great 10 day forecast for Breck, after yet another miserable day today. Unless the forecast is wrong again, can't be.
larkinrx2
14ers: 35 
13ers: 7
Trip Reports (0)

Post by larkinrx2 »

[youtubevideo]watch?v=xCbL1Jbj0BA[/youtubevideo]
What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - That's all I need the ashtray, the remote control, the paddle game, and this magazine, and the chair and I don't need one other thing, except my dog.
[Shithead growls at him]
I don't need my dog.
Mark A Steiner
14ers: 3 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Mark A Steiner »

Odile, a Category 3 storm, made a landfall at Cabo this evening.

Arizona deserts already on alert for a tropical influx similar to Norbert from Tuesday the 16th onwards. Then, southwest Colorado?
Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatever state I am, therewith to be content - Paul the Apostle.
Like it or not, I am a slow driver. Putt ... putt ... putt ...
Good day.
ajkagy
Trip Reports (0)

Post by ajkagy »

Mark A Steiner wrote:Odile, a Category 3 storm, made a landfall at Cabo this evening.

Arizona deserts already on alert for a tropical influx similar to Norbert from Tuesday the 16th onwards. Then, southwest Colorado?
yep, looks like friday and into the weekend it's going to be cooler and wet in the mountains.
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

For the weekend at least, it appears that the weather might be better the farther north you go. The mountains in far north Colorado are looking pretty good for the weekend, with only a slight chance of precipitation predicted (unless the forecast changes). Many of the mountains of Wyoming are supposed to be sunny for the weekend, with thus far no chance of precipitation predicted.
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.