Longs/Meeker: Chasm Lake to Loft snow routes?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
justiner
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 138
Trip Reports (40)

Re: Longs/Meeker: Chasm Lake to Loft snow routes?

Post by justiner »

labeled.jpg
labeled.jpg (184.24 KiB) Viewed 288 times
nsaladin
14ers: 58  1  5 
13ers: 12 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by nsaladin »

That's exactly the picture I was looking for. Now if someone just had one of lambs!
AlexeyD
14ers: 44  4  2 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by AlexeyD »

nsaladin wrote:That's exactly the picture I was looking for. Now if someone just had one of lambs!
Here is one from a TR of Kiener's from a week ago:

akoller
14ers: 27  3 
13ers: 23 3
Trip Reports (1)

Post by akoller »

Re: the weather. I just discovered that you can get hourly forecasts. :shock:

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... =0&dd=&bw=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note that Tuesday is "summer monsoon" weather but Wednesday not quite the typical pattern. Wednesday has basically a constant % chance of precipitation all day of 30-40%.

Re: Lambs Slide. I didn't climb it but was at the base yesterday (bailed on Kieners). The couloir was totally in. I didn't take pictures, unfortunately. Reports were good cramponing on firm snow, a little icy but not yet total ice.
AlexeyD
14ers: 44  4  2 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by AlexeyD »

OK, thanks everyone for the info. Looks like at least Lamb's Slide is definitely a good option. If anyone happens to have a look at, or hear about the Flying Dutchman, I'd be very curious.
HikerDan75
14ers: 39  2 
13ers: 36
Trip Reports (0)

Post by HikerDan75 »

Has anyone been up the Loft route recently? If so, what are the snow conditions up along the top and keplinger's couloir? I plan to do Meeker and Longs.
Nil sine Numine