Nolans 14 Attempt aug 5- 7

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
jlsims83
14ers: 57 
13ers: 13
Trip Reports (0)

Nolans 14 Attempt aug 5- 7

Post by jlsims83 »

I'll be attempting to complete the Nolans 14 starting this Tuesday Aug 5th I'll be going north to south starting at the Leadville Fish Hatchery. Andrew Hamilton will be my main support crew. I would love to say hi to anyone out on the trails Aug5-Aug7 and please if you see me feel free to laugh at my pain and suffering.... https://share.delorme.com/JamesSims" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if you care to follow live.

Don't forget to suffer with a smile!
Cheers,
James

https://share.delorme.com/JamesSims" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Live gps track)

http://mattmahoney.net/nolans14/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (Nolans info)
James "The Mule" Sims
Jim Davies
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 67
Trip Reports (5)

Re: Nolans 14 Attempt aug 5- 7

Post by Jim Davies »

Best of luck! This stuff is great entertainment for us old slow people. :)
Climbing at altitude is like hitting your head against a brick wall — it's great when you stop. -- Chris Darwin
I'm pretty tired. I think I'll go home now. -- Forrest Gump
Cookiehiker
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 8
Trip Reports (1)

Post by Cookiehiker »

I wish you the very best on your Nolans 14 run!!
C is for Cookie, that's good enough for me!
Rambler
14ers: 33 
Trip Reports (3)

Post by Rambler »

We will be at our Clohsey Lake base camp Aug 6,7,8 so if you or your support guy needs anything from us let me know
San Juan Ron
14ers: 39 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by San Juan Ron »

Mule, good luck on your attempt! SJ Ron :)
"The mountains are calling and I must go" -- Muir
SoCool
14ers: 49  1  5 
13ers: 35 3
Trip Reports (2)

Post by SoCool »

I thought "The Mule" was a nickname that James acquired crewing for Andrew Hamilton. Doesn't seem to fit well for this, perhaps he has another someone would like to share?

Edit: Neverymind, this is obviously his official nickname if James uses it in his signature.
Last edited by SoCool on Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThuChad
14ers: 31  1 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (1)

Post by ThuChad »

Looks like he just summited Huron. Not sure about how he's doing on time.
I'm just pretending to be a poseur.
bergsteigen
14ers: 58  52  18 
13ers: 538 100 12
Trip Reports (237)

Post by bergsteigen »

What a season for spectator mountaineering! Good luck!
"Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports ... all others are games." - Ernest Hemingway (or was it Barnaby Conrad?)
Your knees only get so many bumps in life, don't waste them on moguls!
“No athlete is truly tested until they’ve stared an injury in the face and come out on the other side stronger than ever” -anonymous

http://otinasadventures.com @otina
psycholoco
14ers: 58 
13ers: 15
Trip Reports (0)

Post by psycholoco »

Looks like the Delorme took a vehicle trip from La Plata to Huron TH. If James was with it, it would seem he is making his own rules (which I have no problem with).
thebeave7
14ers: 58 
13ers: 127
Trip Reports (25)

Post by thebeave7 »

Yeah I'm not really sure what's up there, he's also far far behind a 60h finish time, as I think it took me like 18h to get to the summit of Huron from the start. Maybe he just wants to summit all the Nolans peak as fast as he can, using car shuttles?

Eric
Me fail English? That's unpossible. http://www.ericjlee.com/Blogs
MrJohnnySpot
14ers: 58  1 
13ers: 17
Trip Reports (0)

Post by MrJohnnySpot »

From the post that James made on the Facebook page:

"Just wanted to say thank you for all the support! I went into nolans thinking I was over my respiratory infection sadly that wasn't the case. Guess it gives me time to train more! Failure is my favorite teacher."