Nolan's 14 Season (Many Attempts)

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
SoCool
14ers: 49  1  5 
13ers: 35 3
Trip Reports (2)

Re: Nolan's 14 Season (Many Attempts)

Post by SoCool »

For Andrew Hamilton to say his effort was "a big fail" is beyond ridiculous. His effort on the speed record attempt was truly inspiring to me, and this latest feat simply confirms his elite status.

EDIT: Most of us have no real comprehension of the added difficulty of unsupported.
Last edited by SoCool on Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sean Nunn
14ers: 35 
13ers: 2
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Sean Nunn »

Andrew is amazing, as is anyone who get anywhere near 60 hours on this absurdly difficult challenge.

Sean Nunn
Raytown MO
"Thy righteousness is like the great mountains."
Psalm 36:6
speleo
14ers: 3 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by speleo »

Recent article: http://www.denverpost.com/running/ci_26 ... ourteeners" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
andrewhamilton
14ers: 58  2  58 
13ers: 95
Trip Reports (3)

Post by andrewhamilton »

Tory Wells wrote:Andrew: Any residual effects or lingering injuries from the 14er speed record attempt? I'm curious how long it takes the legs to recover from such an endeavor.
Well, the recovery has been no picnic, that is for sure. However, it looks there isn't any long term stuff to deal with. It was a good six weeks before I started walking around normally. I was not sure how the shin tendon/ligament that caused me to quit on the 14er record attempt was going to do on the Nolan's trip, but it didn't act up at all.

The biggest problem from the 14er record seems to be that the ball of my left foot is completely numb and hurts when I start walking around every morning, and it feels like I have the knees of a 100 year old. They were starting to feel better, but I beat them up again trying to get within the 60 hours on Nolan's with hard, pounding descents of Elbert and Massive.

Still, all things considered I am pretty happy with where I am. I must say I had completely forgotten how hard it is to recover from stuff like this. I have got to remember in the future that for every day of beating up the body, I need at least 3 days of recovery.
herdbull
14ers: 58 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (1)

Post by herdbull »

Looks like Ben is on the move (again).

Good luck and I hope the weather holds out for you.
herdbull
14ers: 58 
13ers: 14
Trip Reports (1)

Post by herdbull »

well either his device is all jacked up or I think he's bailing. Looks like he spent the night on Oxford :-k