Matterhorn TH from Lake City

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Hunter
14ers: 35 
Trip Reports (4)

Matterhorn TH from Lake City

Post by Hunter »

Can anyone give average drive time from downtown Lake City to the Matterhorn Creek TH? Not looking for Ford Raptor times here or the guy in Lake City who ownes the Jeep with 39.5" tires. Need normal pickup/SUV timing. I'm estimating 30-45 minutes. As always, thanks for your help. -Hunter
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
happymtnclimber
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Matterhorn TH from Lake City

Post by happymtnclimber »

Was up there this past weekend, took 35 mins in a Subaru forester at a very comfortable speed. Also in the dark but don't think that mattered much. That's to lower th, parked and walked the last 0.7 m as I didn't have much confidence that the Suby would make it the last ways.
San Juan Ron
14ers: 39 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by San Juan Ron »

30 minutes. SJ Ron :)
"The mountains are calling and I must go" -- Muir
Hunter
14ers: 35 
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Hunter »

Thanks for the confirmation guys.

Ron- wish me luck next week. Hope I can grab a peak with you next season.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
bigredmachine
14ers: 58 
13ers: 34
Trip Reports (1)

Post by bigredmachine »

Made it to the upper trailhead in a Jeep Liberty 2 weeks ago (no scraping, but definetly benefited from a short wheel base). Took me about 45 minutes