Snowmass this weekend, thoughts

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Mtn2Metro
14ers: 55 
13ers: 11
Trip Reports (0)

Snowmass this weekend, thoughts

Post by Mtn2Metro »

Has anyone been up Snowmass this time of year or have any thoughts on attempting this peak with a dusting of snow or more this weekend?
Your imagination is your preview of life's coming attractions. -A. Einstein
Let your life proceed by it's own design. -Barlow/Weir
myfeetrock
14ers: 37  1 
13ers: 12
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Snowmass this weekend, thoughts

Post by myfeetrock »

I haven't been that way, but Sopris had areas of 2 and 3 feet of snow above 11,000 ft. My brother and I postholed a lot till we got to the west side of the mountain where the snow was about a foot or two. Snowshoes may help on the way down if it's like Sopris.