Jblyth Finished 14ers!

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
benners
14ers: 58  51  21 
13ers: 559 84 26
Trip Reports (110)

Re: Jblyth Finished 14ers!

Post by benners »

Congratulations Jason! Looks like a great way to finish. What's next on the agenda?
Chicago Transplant
14ers: 58  12  24 
13ers: 697 39 34
Trip Reports (66)

Post by Chicago Transplant »

Way to go Jason! You still heading to Moab with us next weekend? If so, finisher cupcakes are on me :-D
"We want the unpopular challenge. We want to test our intellect!" - Snapcase
"You are not what you own" - Fugazi
"Life's a mountain not a beach" - Fortune Cookie I got at lunch the other day
TakeMeToYourSummit
14ers: 58  2 
13ers: 287 25 2
Trip Reports (8)

Post by TakeMeToYourSummit »

Yale with some October snow is just how I enjoyed it two years ago!
Looks like you had an awesome day up there!
Congrats!
I'm horrible with names...
But will never forget a mountain's face!
kushrocks
14ers: 58  25 
13ers: 65 2
Trip Reports (5)

Post by kushrocks »

Well done my friend. It was a privilege to join you along part of the way. Looking forward to more good times in the hills.
“The best climber in the world is the one who is having all the fun.” – Alex Lowe
" Don’t be afraid to move out of your comfort zone. Some of your best life experiences and opportunities will transpire only after you dare to loose."
dillonsarnelli
14ers: 58  19 
13ers: 274 8
Trip Reports (53)

Post by dillonsarnelli »

and Becky has a screen name! who knew...

JB! I missed this thread. Well done man!! I'm glad you woke up 2 weeks ago and remembered you hadn't finished the 14ers. haha.

Great "winter" day on Yale. Tajjy is an animal. ;) Let me know when you want to learn about the 13ers!

and since we're posting pics...
TAAAAAAAJ.jpg
TAAAAAAAJ.jpg (240.51 KiB) Viewed 341 times
Dillon Sarnelli
IG @dillonsarnelli
Basecamp, CO
jblyth
14ers: 58  5  15 
13ers: 145 8 6
Trip Reports (0)

Post by jblyth »

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I’ve been very fortunate these last few years to find something that I am extremely passionate about, and through climbing I’ve met some fantastic people and had some incredible adventures. The list of these fellow climbers is too long to list, but I hope you all know how much I value your friendship and the time we’ve spent together. My wife deserves a big shout out for dealing with the trips week after week where I make her wake up at the crack of dawn. She’s always been supportive and encouraged me to do what makes me happy.

As for what’s next, no real list really, just want to continue to stay healthy and enjoy the outdoors with good people. I’m addicted to the mountains, I can’t get enough. It doesn’t matter if I’m climbing ice or rock, mountain biking, running or splitboarding, I just love being outside, it makes me feel alive.

Thanks to Bill for providing this great resource where like minded people can share experiences and meet other climbers. This website has definitely changed the last few years of my life for the better.

Cheers!

Jason
Steve Climber
14ers: 27  3 
13ers: 30
Trip Reports (11)

Post by Steve Climber »

Congrats bud! Can't wait to buy you a beer to celebrate with you "officially"
Dave B wrote:And/or line thy helmet with tin foil and realize this is a freaking mountaineering website.
Steve Climber wrote:So that's your backpack, huh?
Frontrangeskier
14ers: 54  8  1 
13ers: 83 16
Trip Reports (5)

Post by Frontrangeskier »

Crap. I wanted to be the first one to Post!
Catchy saying from someone famous.
ChrisinAZ
14ers: 58  14 
13ers: 36
Trip Reports (12)

Post by ChrisinAZ »

Woohoo--congrats, man! Both on finishing the 14ers, and on all your other accomplishments. Glad we got the chance to hike together on S Maroon :)
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason."
— Jack Handy

Mah peaks