Decalibron Tomorrow?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Imcp
14ers: 30 
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Decalibron Tomorrow?

Post by Imcp »

From Democrat I could see all the Elks except for Castle and Conundrum (blocked by Massive). The whole Sawatch Range is visible except maybe Shavano and Tabeguache (my pictures have a clear view of Antero but it's hard to say if any of the bumps at the south end are tall enough to be 14,000 ft). The whole Front Range is visible but Longs and Bierstadt only kind of count. Bierstadt is right in front of Evans so they look like the same mountain and Longs is so far away its hard to pick out from the rest of the mountains. I didn't expect to see the Sangres so I wasn't really looking for them.

http://www.14ers.com/photos/mtbross/200 ... labels.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is the 14ers.com labeled summit panorama from Bross. There isn't one from Democrat but this is a good estimation. Columbia in the Sawatch range is not labeled but I think it's the point right next to Mt. Yale since it's too tall/prominent to be that subpeak and the angle seems about right from the north-northeast. Shavano and Tabeguache aren't labeled either but the ridge "between" Antero and West Buffalo Peak has a couple of points that could be them. Longs isn't labeled but Bill's picture was taken on a very clear day so if it is visible, I think it is the mountain just to the right of Mount Helen next to Quandary Peak. The Crestones aren't labeled but they could be the unlabeled snow capped peaks to the south and slightly east of East and West Buffalo Peaks.

Labeled 14ers in the panorama add up to 26 but counting Longs and Columbia and the Crestones puts the number at over half.
PaliKona
14ers: 20 
13ers: 17
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Decalibron Tomorrow?

Post by PaliKona »

Nice, thanks for the link.
On a side note, that ridge between Democrat and Tweto/Buckskin looked fierce!