Longs Keyhole Conditions 9/18 ?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
frankd720
14ers: 30 
Trip Reports (0)

Longs Keyhole Conditions 9/18 ?

Post by frankd720 »

We are considering going up Longs via the Keyhole tomorrow (Saturday 9/19). I know that RMNP got a dusting of snow last night/this morning, and I am wondering if anyone went up today and could provide details on the conditions beyond the keyhole? Snow/ice present or melted? I did call the ranger, and he did not have any specific information about what it looked like on the route today. Anything you've got for me would be much appreciated!
Kbal1
Trip Reports (0)

Re: Longs Keyhole Conditions 9/18 ?

Post by Kbal1 »

Can't comment specifically on longs but for elevation comparison, I was up in rmnp yesterday on flattop mountain/hallett peak and there was a dusting of snow.