Thieves on 14ers (Humboldt Peak experience)

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
boudreaux
14ers: 57 
13ers: 113
Trip Reports (11)

Re: Thieves on 14ers (Humboldt Peak experience)

Post by boudreaux »

Call it a coincidence, but can it be?
Ragin Cajun
Voshkm
14ers: 19  4 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Voshkm »

We feel for you Renata, I had my Panasonic Lumix stolen from me at an airport in Liberia. I could see my bag (trek bag) sitting on the tarmac until a local brought it to the "carousel". I should have known better than leaving it in my bag there, but in the mountains it breaks my heart. that's where we go to get away from the crap of the regular world. additionally I bought the newer version of the Lumix when I got back and it wasn't as good. that sits in a drawer somewhere unused I really like the model you had though.
Shaolin
14ers: 6 
Trip Reports (0)

Post by Shaolin »

Definitely sucks, when people mess with ya stuff.