What was your 14er "progression" like?

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
spiderman
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (1)

Re: What was your 14er "progression" like?

Post by spiderman »

Scott, your wish list is just a tad bit on the difficult side according to my rating scale. Ama Dablin?
http://www.summitpost.org/scott-s-wish-list/335481

At least Kessler didn't almost-kill any humiliated Sherpas this year, did he?
Scott P
14ers: 58  16 
13ers: 50 13
Trip Reports (16)

Post by Scott P »

spiderman wrote:Scott, your wish list is just a tad bit on the difficult side according to my rating scale. Ama Dablin?
http://www.summitpost.org/scott-s-wish-list/335481

At least Kessler didn't almost-kill any humiliated Sherpas this year, did he?
That's actually just one of my wish lists. I have more. I don't think I'll ever finish them though. I doubt that I'll even finish one. The one in the link is probably the most realistic, but I doubt that I'll even get close to finishing that one either.

Maybe Kessler can finish them for me. Of course he has his own wish list. ;)

Nope; no Sherpas this year. He's only been humiliating his dad this year. Even when making him carry everything, there isn't even a remote chance of me keeping up with him anymore. He doesn't even need me to set anything up technical anymore, but he does all the leading and setting of ropes.

He still needs me to drive though. :P
I'm old, slow and fat. Unfortunately, those are my good qualities.
spiderman
14ers: 58  3 
13ers: 27
Trip Reports (1)

Post by spiderman »

A couple more years and you don't even need to be driving anymore. It sure made this summer's roadtrip easier when I could get a bit of sleeping while Arthur was driving. You can pack in even more peaks in a week when you can tag-team drive. I hear you loud and clear about being humbled on the trail by your own kid. These Colorado kids are just freaks of nature... or perhaps we just married people with better DNA. Nothing wrong about marrying up, is there?