Crestone Peak Crestone Needle Traverse

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
rpatterson48
14ers: 57 
13ers: 21
Trip Reports (0)

Crestone Peak Crestone Needle Traverse

Post by rpatterson48 »

I'm planning on doing this traverse this Friday the 23rd. I'll be driving over Thursday evening from Fort Collins after work. If anyone is interested in joining let's plan something.
Hunter
14ers: 35 
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Crestone Peak Crestone Needle Traverse

Post by Hunter »

Have you any current reports on snow and trail conditions? No one's posted any TRs in some time.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."
rpatterson48
14ers: 57 
13ers: 21
Trip Reports (0)

Post by rpatterson48 »

Haven't heard the latest. I did Little Bear, Blanca and Ellingwood this Saturday and if conditions are the same there shouldn't be any issues.
J-Bone
14ers: 30 
13ers: 1
Trip Reports (0)

Post by J-Bone »

The few patches of snow/hail were easily avoidable on Sunday. I just posted a conditions report. Took our crew 13 hours car to car from the 4WD trailhead at ~9900'.