Bierstadt Friday

Colorado peak questions, condition requests and other info.
Forum rules
  • This is a mountaineering forum, so please keep your posts on-topic. Posts do not all have to be related to the 14ers but should at least be mountaineering-related.
  • Personal attacks and confrontational behavior will result in removal from the forum at the discretion of the administrators.
  • Do not use this forum to advertise, sell photos or other products or promote a commercial website.
  • Posts will be removed at the discretion of the site administrator or moderator(s), including: Troll posts, posts pushing political views or religious beliefs, and posts with the purpose of instigating conflict within the forum.
    For more details, please see the Terms of Use you agreed to when joining the forum.
Halesoysters
14ers: 12 
Trip Reports (0)

Bierstadt Friday

Post by Halesoysters »

A friend is planning on doing Bierstadt Friday solo, anyone else planning on going up? How late do you think he can get away with starting to let some of the accumulation burn off? I'm jealous, he's using my microspikes before me this season!
thurs
14ers: 58  4  3 
13ers: 41 2 4
Trip Reports (4)

Re: Bierstadt Friday

Post by thurs »

No chance of storms tomorrow.

Go whenever.
rockchalker
14ers: 36 
Trip Reports (25)

Post by rockchalker »

I have a friend climbing Bierstadt this weekend as well. He is experienced but it will be his girlfriend's first so he is also cautious about any bad weather.
"There's a feeling I get when I look to the west and my spirit is crying for leaving."
Ptglhs
14ers: 58  8 
13ers: 86 3
Trip Reports (4)

Post by Ptglhs »

To answer your "how late" question: I'd want to be down before it was A: dark, or B: below freezing. The light is for obvious reasons but I wouldn't want to hike up melting snow/running water, and down icy surfaces. As long as he's down by 6 he should be fine. I'd say 1 if he's a strong hiker, 11 would give him more leeway.